455 garden tractor

/ 455 garden tractor #1  

medicinedog

Tractor
none
New member here. I have been looking at John Deer riding mowers and was just about to pull the trigger on a X350 riding mower. I happened to see a you-tube comparison of a JD 350 mower and a 318. I know there is no comparison. It started me thinking more how I would use it and if I was getting a big enough machine. In the meanwhile I find a JD 455 diesel with mower and front loader with PTO for$7250. Thats about the top of my budget. My wife says its over my budget. It has about 1300 hrs on it but has been well taken care of. Am I crazy to buy such an old machine or does it have a lot of years left in it. The X350 new would be great for mowing but I have 10 acres with a lot of rocks(Live in the Rocky Mountains) on the property and I could do a lot of landscaping WITH THE 455.

/ 455 garden tractor #3  
Good links there from the Tail-Wagging-Tasmanian.

455 is older yes. X350 is just a mower ... You can do some landscaping with the 455. You can do none with the X350, just mow.

Look up-range a bit perhaps? 955 maybe ??
:wrench:

/ 455 garden tractor #4  
I had a 425, been around many 455's and while they are great machines no way would I purchase one for $7000! No way in the world, heck I got my 2305 Scut for close to that and it is far more machine. I know people want the world for a good 445/455 but honestly there are better more capable options for far less.

/ 455 garden tractor
Thank you for the information. Went and saw the 455, quite a machine with pto, 3 point, 40 front loader and 54 inch mowing deck.