Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help

/ Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help
Yeah it seems more people are catching on to how bad they are

/ Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help #12  
Well I have to agree .. JD is and has went down hill. I've owned 3 in the 5 series and I've not been overly impressed with any of them. The latest is a 5115m cab FEL 4WD. Pretty much a joke when I bought it new in 2014.. it's definitely overrated and overpriced. JD likes 2 things I've found there NAME and the GREEN PAINT! I've run heavy equipment all my life from CAT to DEERE...and all in between. There heavy side is decent .. but there farm equipment especially there tractors are a lot of JUNK! anymore. Especially if ur a small operation like myself... I don't matter but they kiss my axe when I talk about buying.. especially when the check book comes out ... then it's hi how r u . After the deal is done .. who r u? I guess I'm the dummy for going back . I've learned a lot and as much as I like DEERE I'm going to a different color! My dealer is a good dealer but I'm tired of it he B S! Have a good 1

/ Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help #13  
Do the buy-back/trade-up and sell the new tractor before putting hours on it.

/ Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help #14  
Wow. Feel for you, and can't imagine making big payments and having corporate add insult to injury by being rude to put the icing on the broken tractor cake. And, where do they get off making you have to upgrade to a more expensive unit each time the prior one fails to deliver?!

What I just don't get is why do people stick with any brand after constantly getting kicked in the head by the manufacturer? Not singling you out on this, just trying to understand why one keeps going back for the same beating over and over?!

If it were me I'd kiss JD goodbye and get into another brand, for instance Kioti, and see what you get from their tractors. I know I'm biased toward the brand, but, IMHO, for good reason. They, like a lot of other up and coming S. Korean manufacturers are building some great equipment for what I consider reasonable money.

/ Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help #15  
One of the neighbors that used to farm 2000 acres needed a small utility tractor (he had the big tractors, but needed something small). He decided on a 75hp 4wd with FEL (small for him), nice looking tractor. He was going by one day and stopped to chat a minute, I asked how he liked his tractor... he was not happy, been in the shop more than working, had to split twice, still leaking, wished he had bought something else... my little 30hp Kubota has been very reliable (nothing other than normal service). He had enough equipment that you would think the dealer would treat him well... he had weeks of downtime waiting on parts, waiting for dealer mechanic to have time, etc... I think he will be selling the utility tractor and finding something else.

/ Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help #16  
If everything you say is true and documented ,(provable) I'd get an attorney involved before spending another dime. Be it on payment OR an upgrade.

Get this behind you, get a brand/model you can have trust and confidence in, and move on.

/ Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help #17  
One of the neighbors that used to farm 2000 acres needed a small utility tractor (he had the big tractors, but needed something small). He decided on a 75hp 4wd with FEL (small for him), nice looking tractor. He was going by one day and stopped to chat a minute, I asked how he liked his tractor... he was not happy, been in the shop more than working, had to split twice, still leaking, wished he had bought something else... my little 30hp Kubota has been very reliable (nothing other than normal service). He had enough equipment that you would think the dealer would treat him well... he had weeks of downtime waiting on parts, waiting for dealer mechanic to have time, etc... I think he will be selling the utility tractor and finding something else.

We had a guy deliver large square 1250lb hay bales year before last and when I finished unloading 26 of them with my 24 year old chinese Rhino, he said that sure is a sweet running New Holland
I smiled and said it's actually an old chinese tractor, he said OH, .

I asked what he was using to load the bales on the trailer and he said a new deere 5---E series I asked how he liked it and he said it had been in the shop 2 times already and had another issue that was going to have to wait till he was done delivering hay because it needed to be at the dealers for a while ( something about a leak in the trans area)
said if he has many more problems he was going to trade (up)...

/ Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help #18  
When you call your attorney have him draft three identical letters,

The first goes to New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman in Albany, New York. The second identical letter goes to John Deere headquarters in Moline, Illinois, The third Identical letter goes to The John Deere Deere Dealer you are doing business with.

In the body of the letter explain to Attorney General Schneiderman in great detail(DO NOT OMIT ANYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED) in relation to the mules in question.

Be sure to provide copies of the receipts and all paper work related to the investment you have made in this machinery to date explaining in great detail to Attorney General Schneiderman what you have been dealing with as regards to the poor merchantability of fitness for these machines as you are an crop farmer actively engaged in a farming enterprise in the State of New York. you must emphasize that you and providing a valued service to the consumers and buyers of your seasonal crops.

Explain to him that these machines are costing you money in principal and interest payments each and everyday that they are being repaired and for each day they are in the repair shop to have the problems corrected you cannot fit ground, plant crops and harvest them when the crops are matured.

Also mention in detail how other problems have manifested themselves after the tractor has been returned to you as repaired "good as new" in capital letters.
Be sure to provide him with copies of the principal and interest expense payments you are stuck paying every month while this machine is being repaired or what passes for a repair.
Pleas be sure to provide a cost breakdown per day for the principal and interest and insurance expense you have to pay every day for the tractor as that shows the Attorney general that you are serious about your business of farming.

Add to this that you will be delayed in fall plowing after the crops are harvested increasing your work load for machinery maintenance after the crops are harvested.

When the letters are done with the complete information related to your farming enterprise and especially how you feel this dealer has treated you with regard to your purchase of this machine or machines in good faith that you have lost any and all good faith in the purchase of this equipment from them and John Deere and its farm equipment.

Send the letter to the dealer as a registered letter first to see if it creates a stir and forces them to fix it right once and for all and if nothing happens send the remaining identical letters to JD corporate and the attorney general.

Sending the letter to the attorney general will provoke lots of undesired attention shining a light on the dealer and JD to the problems which you did not create and it will show how you are being dealt with by the dealer and JD corporate with regard to the problems that have become evident with these machines as they should work with no issues as they are supposed to.

/ Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help #19  
Oh yeah and the whole time I've been dealing with corporate and they can care less and extremely rude

"There's your sign"

I'm sure 'they' all have a bum tractor roll off the line, but 2 problem tractors in a row would be the end for me no matter the color or price. Good luck with the rest of this long bumpy tractor road your on right now, and I expect you will be for a while.:thumbsup:

/ Ugh...I'm so sick of John deere...need help #20  
What I just don't get is why do people stick with any brand after constantly getting kicked in the head by the manufacturer? Not singling you out on this, just trying to understand why one keeps going back for the same beating over and over?!

Same here. Fool me once...