Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this...

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #11  
Re: Bet the Home Depot doesn\'t do this...

In my area the 3 Home Depots sell at the same price my JD dealer sells them for...however as mentioned you get free delivery etc. from the dealer...at least mine you do... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this...

I checked on this too. Same exact price at the JD dealer as the Depot. Try bringing your tractor back to them for service...

I was in a small-engine dealership the other day and they had a sign up in the service dept that read something like:

Priority one service for customers who bought their equipment here. 1-2 days max.

Bought equipment of same brand from anothe rdealer in the state: 1 week max.

Bought equipment of different brand in the state and are loyal customers, 1-2 weeks.

Bought equipment of same brand out of state: 2-3 weeks.

Bought equipment of different brand out of state: we;ll get to it when we feel like it.

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #13  

I thought Service Departments were in business to make money? What difference does it make whether he bought the machine at the dealer or not? They will be charging the same for service.

Makes no sense to me.

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #14  

You still remember that! Wow, my dealer is great anyway. Great service department probably the best in the country. If I had the option I probably would fill the tractors all the way up but it is not for me to decide where to spend the dealership's money. We make up for it in being real friendly and having a great parts and service department.

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this...

You'd think. I don't like that particular dealer anyway. i hadn't been there in 20 years. I went once w/ my dad when I was a kid and he never went back. I figured they may have smartened up since then. Guess not.

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #16  

Well Dave if it's your busiest time of year and there is more service work than you can keep up with I really doubt that you... as a business owner, would move an unknown customer to the head of the line. Your loyal customers get first priority - Does that seem like a strange concept to you? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #17  

It is not fair to the person that moves to the area with his machinery in tow. What, to get good support I should sell what I got and buy new??

Aint gonna happen any time soon!

Even people who have machines from different areas/dealers can turn out to be great customers.

My dealer remebered that when I moved to the area, I am now a good customer of his. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Dane

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #18  

We've been kind of slow the past 2 weeks for some reason. Pretty soon it should start to pick up agian. But I am always busy cleaning equipment mostly combines and choppers now and freshing up the dealership. Choppers are fun to drive. The JD choppers have a sweet sounding motor.

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #19  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( if it's your busiest time of year and there is more service work than you can keep up ... Your loyal customers get first priority - Does that seem like a strange concept to you? )</font>

Seems like he should hire another person -- he is losing money if he can't service everyone that needs his help. I understand the "loyal" customers, but buying something once from a dealer doesn't constitute loyal.

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #20  

No but it does constitute business. Believe me, they don't make a mint on service. You're right about hiring someone - seasonal help of the mechanical type is hard to come by though.