Buying Advice Lightly used 3033R vs new

/ Lightly used 3033R vs new #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
Been a good long while since I posted here on tractorbynet and it's almost always been Kubota and New Holland stuff - green and yellow is new to me (well except for our aincent 4x6 gator).

I have a TC45DA and a BX24 - so why am I asking about another tractor???

Well - we downsized the farm we were running to just personal size... we shrunk the garden from "acres" to square feets and some raised beds... and we are not maintaining 15 acres of pasture now - most of it is growing into deer friendly shrubs.

We are also in NY in lake effect snow country - and I'm sick of clearing out 1/2 mile driveway with a blower on the back of the TC45 - backwards and being covered in snow and freezing while doing it... (I hate winter)

So - I'm very seriously considering selling or trading in the TC45 for a slightly smaller cab tractor (even tho I love it)... and it just so happens that there is a 2014 3033R for sale locally with only 140 hours on it. BUT - it's in need of the mid-PTO being added and the remote valve as well and would need a front snow blower purchased as well.

My question here is - I know the Tier 4 stuff is "newer" and I'm not really worried about it... but - is there a material difference in it on these tractors between 2014 and the current models?

The math is such that buying the gently used tractor, then getting the mid-PTO added, the valve installed and buying the blower for the front - I think - comes out abut like this:

Used 3033R w/ cab + H165 loader + dealer install of mid-PTO kit & remove valve + front mount snowblower = approx $38K
New 3033R w/ cab + + 320R loader + dealer install of mid-PTO kit & remove valve + front mount snowblower = approx $43K, minus trade in value of the TC45DA (dunno - guessing 17K), plus around $2200 in tax on the balance

The difference here is - dealer offers "free money" financing @ 0% for 5 years... so - for the difference - I am finding it hard to justify the gently used one - I don't need to finance but I keep asking myself why wouldn't I defer the cost over 5 years and get a tractor with a warranty?

In the past some folks on here have offered some quality insight into decisions like this because they know model year differences and stuff... I just don't know enough Deere to know what I don't know :)

(supplemental question : only if there is something to be concerned about - other than HP - anything notable between a 3033R or 3039R - cause if I go new -for like $2K more - I'll go bigger)

/ Lightly used 3033R vs new #2  
I’m a big fan of used, but your situation I may not go that route. If you were speaking of an older non emissions tractor and it would save you some cash I would say jump. These newer machines with emissions are a bit different, I’m not saying they are problematic, what I am saying is if they have an issue they pretty much need to go to a dealer. Gone are the days of fixing everything in your garage.
Loaders seem the same just a rename. Is $5k+ worth no warranty? Or do you shop for a little older emissions free machine? Or go new, up to you.

/ Lightly used 3033R vs new #3  
Go new. keep some monies in your pocket up front. Have a warranty/peace of mind.

/ Lightly used 3033R vs new #4  
Not sure your are in the buffalo area. If so, I would deal with Land Pro. I would not be worried any more with the new tractor with DPF. Pro Land has a company in buffalo that cleans DPFs from a tractor for $300 now. So the worry about having replace a DPF for $3500 to $5500 is no longer an issue. I would go with the used 3033R and save the money.