Adding loader 2010 5055e

/ Adding loader 2010 5055e #1  

schoolsout

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1533
May have opp to pick up a 2010 (IIRC) 5055e mfwd with no more than 200 hours and most of that is from mowing around house so not much abuse at all. Owner just bought a new one with loader/grapple instead of adding what he would have needed.

Owner is friend of family and we can get tractor for $10k or so, but wondering what a good ballpark figure would be for adding loader. I haven稚 seen tractor in a while, but I知 guessing no mid/rear valves so would need to figure in everything needed. Don稚 think we would need labor cost, but interested in pricing with and without 3rd function.

We currently have a MF 1533 with 4n1 bucket that works well so if cost for 3rd on the Deere is a good bit more, we would probably forego that option.

Any ideas out there? Just ballparking for now. Really want a little larger tractor to pull larger disk and other implements on occasion.

/ Adding loader 2010 5055e #2  
non self leveling loader less any hydraulics or controls about 7k. You are probably better served to take the s/n of tractor to a dealer and have them quote hydraulics and controls depending on tractor set up it can easily be as much as the loader. The pricing of a non loader ready tractor is usually pretty enticing up until you learn what the price difference is to make them loader ready.

/ Adding loader 2010 5055e
non self leveling loader less any hydraulics or controls about 7k. You are probably better served to take the s/n of tractor to a dealer and have them quote hydraulics and controls depending on tractor set up it can easily be as much as the loader. The pricing of a non loader ready tractor is usually pretty enticing up until you learn what the price difference is to make them loader ready.

That's my fear. Thought a decent price on the tractor would make this doable. Good advice on taking s/n to dealer and inquiring.

/ Adding loader 2010 5055e #4  
At-least it is a late model tractor and all of the kits can still be had, if you wait until the bundles are not available any longer then it gets much much worse. Another thing to think about is deciding up front on 3rd function hydraulics. On some of the simpler tractors when converting a two function loader control to a 3 function loader control in many cases requires removing a perfectly good 2 function valve, tossing it in the corner of the garage, and purchasing a 3 function valve (I could be wrong). So if you go ahead you will want to decide on that up front instead of upgrading later. Good luck.

/ Adding loader 2010 5055e #5  
If you’re just wanting to pull a bigger disc and impliments leave the loader duty to the other tractor. 10k for a mfwd 55hp with 200hrs is a pretty solid deal. I “think” they came standard with the loader control and hydraulic ran. You’d need the loader brackets and loader. Might get lucky and find an nos 553 at a dealer too

Brett

/ Adding loader 2010 5055e #6  
May have opp to pick up a 2010 (IIRC) 5055e mfwd with no more than 200 hours and most of that is from mowing around house so not much abuse at all. Owner just bought a new one with loader/grapple instead of adding what he would have needed.

The cheapest way to add a loader is to sell the tractor without a loader and buy a new tractor with loader as part of options. Your family friend found this out.

If you’re just wanting to pull a bigger disc and impliments leave the loader duty to the other tractor. 10k for a mfwd 55hp with 200hrs is a pretty solid deal. I “think” they came standard with the loader control and hydraulic ran. You’d need the loader brackets and loader. Might get lucky and find an nos 553 at a dealer too

Brett

Yea...a thought of ours. Would probably need to get weights up front, but that is minimal $$$, really. Just need to decide if just using this guy for pulling implements is a route that would benefit us over paying a little more money for an older tractor with higher hours, but with FEL.

The cheapest way to add a loader is to sell the tractor without a loader and buy a new tractor with loader as part of options. Your family friend found this out.

Quit harshing my mellow! lol

I'll say this, though...the friend is the type that wakes up one day, decides he wants a tractor and owns one before the day is over...then mulls over that decision for the next year of his life. He's not hurting for money, but doesn't really research much before he pulls the trigger. With that said, I do think adding the FEL may be cost prohibitive. I think they put a $13k trade number on his tractor, but he didn't trade it and will give us first refusal (and he tends to come down on price for his buddies :) ) Our last few implements came from him and those were a 60" Befco tiller, 60" Caroni (I think) finish mower and some other item that I don't think we've used for $500.

/ Adding loader 2010 5055e #8  
I recently looked at a used 5055e at a local dealer it came without a loader. Dealer quoted me $6500 turn key to instant a 210 loader.
So if I could find a 5055e for $10,000 and have $6500 in the loader that痴 significantly cheaper prices that im finding in my area.
Good luck.

/ Adding loader 2010 5055e #9  

Brett

All the 5055E sold had the loader valve/joystick kit standard, at least when I was looking at buying one of those 3 or 4 years ago.

10 k is a deal. Sure you could get a brand new loader for $6k mounts/arms/bucket $16k cheap for a basically brand new tractor....

Haven't done anything yet. Buddy has figured out it is nice to leave bushhog hooked up to. We've got first refusal so just depends on when he wants to make a move. I think we will probably get it as we are about to do some thinning (pine) on 60ish acres and clear just a little more land to play with.