Intersting Deere Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Intersting Deere Experience #1  

skippy

I am planning to buy a new CUT next month and had a chance to go to a couple of different dealers around my area. I first went to Kubota (i have not settled on a brand yet) and was treated really well and told all the differences in the models what implements I could use and prices. I then made a trip to the Deere dealer, this was not so fun. I walked in the door and asked to speak to someone about CUTs. A man came out and asked me what I wanted...just like that. I stated I needed some info on CUTs in the 40-45 hp level, he quickly, without saying a word, led me to the brochure rack and looked through the rack stating he didn't think they had any brochures. "is that all you wanted?" I told the man I was interested in purchasing a CUT as well as a backhoe, tiller, rotary cutter, box blade and purhaps a finish mower. He then rushed, without a word, over to the counter scribbles some numbers down and tossed them over the counter..."heres a ball park" that was it...no sit down time to tell me which model I should look at...no explenation of the difference between Deere and other Manuf. Nothing...I asked if he had any other detailed info on implement and he said NO. I asked if he had anything I could look at ...he said NO.

I said "thanks anyway" and walked out...never to return again...Guess I'll have to look at another color machine...I;m sure (I hope) that this is not typical. Any opinions?

/ Intersting Deere Experience #2  
Ha! I would have walked out too. Don't judge the brand by a moron at the dealership. It's like buying cars: I buy Fords, but drive 70 miles to the dealership that I prefer. Go visit several dealers: Kubota, Deere, Cub Cadet or whatever. Buy a machine from the place that treats you square. Good Luck! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Intersting Deere Experience #3  
See duplicate thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.