Dealer If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD?

/ If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD? #1  

KeithF

Hi, I purchased a L120 from a local dealer 2 weeks ago, and am considering returning it within the 30day window.

If I did return it, does the dealer take the hit when reselling my return as a used model, or does JD offset that cost to the dealer?

Thanks! Keith.

/ If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD? #2  
I work for a dealer and one time I saw a nex X series come back with 10 hrs and we were stuck with it and had to re sell it as used or a demo unit but like new maybe even for a new price. I can't remember. I don't believe JD reimburses the cost at all to us when it happens. I think JD just says that policy to have a competitive selling point and I don't think they think people will follow through and return their new lawn mower.

Do you just hate the L series or why are you wanting to return it. Just curious about the situation.

/ If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD? #3  
Its a Deere policy, and Deere takes most off the hit. There are subsequent arrangements that are worked out to re-sell as used (demo) that enter into the equation in the long run. But the dealer isn't hung out to dry by Deere. Deere doesn't want the returned tractor sent back to the factory, so they work out a way to move the tractor off the dealers lot.

/ If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD? #4  
I was told that JD sends them new blades for the deck and anything else it might need to put it back into new condition..I do not know what they do then. Sell it as a Demo,New or Used..

I say return it if you do not like it..JD made the rules. Not you..

/ If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD? #5  
Keith: Why do you want to return it? I bought one also and was considering the same thing but I have decided to stay with it.

/ If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD? #6  
There are a number of factors that go into play on this. The dealer may or may not eat all of it depending on what promos deere is running, how long the item has been in stock, etc. For the most part the dealer is stuck with it. Deere makes some concessions to the dealers based on last years models that have carried over. For the most part it will be sold as a demo model. Sometimes the dealer will get something back from Deere and sometimes they will just sell at cost or below.

/ If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD? #7  
If you do decide to return it, make up some other reason besides the canopy deal - otherwise he's likely to be less than friendly in the future. Myself, I'd just buy the canopy and forget about it. Keep the good will, you may need it for something bigger than a canopy in the future.

/ If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD? #8  
If I were that dealer I would be mad to know my customer wanted a free canopy and return the tractor he just bought so I have to set up a new one for him. Keith, you probably can find that canopy on JD parts pretty cheap maybe like 50 bucks. If there was something wrong with the machine then it may be fine to return it but Deere does not really follow the lemon law rule like for cars. We always get replacement parts until the machine is fixed.

/ If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
It's just that the current JD special offer of a free canopy (and toy tractor) for 100 series purchases made in June, got me thinking I may have purchased my L120 2 weeks too soon. I really need a canopy with the TX sun beating down - it was over 90 all last week.
)</font>

Your excuse is really low in my opinion. Just because they came up with a free canopy after the fact is no reason for a return of your tractor. But I bet that if you knew who to talk to at JD that they would get you a canopy.

/ If I return it who eats the return - dealer or JD? #10  
Ask your local dealer if the promotion for the free tractor cover was in place when you bought your machine, and if so, have him give you the form to send in for the cover. Maybe then you could swap the dealer for the canopy?
(I'm not sure if promos are the same in all areas of the county, but here we had the free cover available until May 26, with purchases from both depot and dealers)