JD 4052M and MX8??

/ JD 4052M and MX8?? #1  

Dagwood55

Tractor
JD 4200
Will a 4052M with Hydro handle a MX8 bush hog (8' drag type with 2 spindles)?

My dealer says it should, but I want to know that it WILL.

Modarate terrain and I don't let it get too high or grown up. Probable mow once a month.

Thanks,

/ JD 4052M and MX8??
Sorry, I thought I was posting this in the owner/operating part....

I'll repost correctly, if someone will delete these....

Last edited:
   / JD 4052M and MX8?? #3  
If you use the standard calculation for a brush hog, it should be 5hp per foot, so you would need 40hp at the PTO. If you are cutting tall grass or field with light brush, the tractor would be fine. However, if moving to a 4066M would only cost another 3k or 4K, you be better off getting the extra hp now, if you believe you will be using it down the road.

/ JD 4052M and MX8?? #4  
It's all about speed. A 25HP tractor will do it if you don't mind going 2mph.

I think you'll be fine. I also agree with 107, buy all the HP you can afford.

/ JD 4052M and MX8?? #5  
Deere.com will have the minimum PTO requirements for the MX8 and then you can compare that to the PTO hp of the 4052M. Again, all on Deere.com. :)

/ JD 4052M and MX8?? #6  
I do not know if the MX8 is having the gear box failures like the MX6, but I would stay away from the JD MX series.

/ JD 4052M and MX8?? #7  
I do not know if the MX8 is having the gear box failures like the MX6, but I would stay away from the JD MX series.

For the years the mx6 was having trouble with the gear boxes I would agree unless you get it very cheap. However, that wasn’t that long of a run and all the mx series I have had are great. Currently have a mx15 and mx8. Together that’s like 7 gear boxes (5 spindles and 2 splitters)

Brett