Price Check May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed!

/ May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed! #1  

FLDave

Silver Member
Tractor
JD4320, loadmatch, speedmatch, motionmatch, automotive cruise, r4's
Sorry for this post (I have this info. deep in another post also) but my wife and I are test driving a 4710 tomorrow morning. My trigger finger is unusually itchy and I need support fast. Any help is appreciated.

Here's what the local (25 miles away) dealer gave me:

JD4710 Tractor $24,709.00
4 wheel Drive
Tall Folding ROPS
eHydro $1,200.00
Less Mid PTO What's that mean?
10-16.5 6 PR Front R4 Ind. 2 Pos. Bias. 17.5L-24 8PR Rear R4 Ind. 8 Pos. Bias $400.00
Dual Mid Selective Control Valve $700.00
Rockshaft With Flat Bar Draft Links
Freight $263.18
Predelivery $141.90
Subtotal $27,414.08
DISCOUNT -$ 5,879.08
Total $ $21,535.00

460 Loader $3.989.00
Less Balast Box ???
Hood Guard
73 in. Materials Bucket
Freight $68.96
Other1 $245.10 ???
Subtotal $4,303.06
DISCOUNT -$553.06
Total $3,750.00

Equipment $25,285.00
Tax (3.5%) $682.13
Total $25,967.13

Is this good?

Should I hold out for any more savings or bonus items? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Should I calm down and wait for the 4320's? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ack, I need help! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed! #2  
hi,
what kind of work will you be doing,do you need a machine that big,the mid pto is for a belly mower,,,,,,,,be carefull not to over buy,the 4710 is alot of tractor,be sure you have a big job to do before you buy. i would prefer wheel weights over the ballst box,however if you plan on doing alot of loader work the ballast box will hold more weight to help hold the rear down,especially handling heavy bucket loads,stay away from liquid in the tires as this will cause you're wheels to corrode from the inside out.
as far as the price goes,shop around to get the best deal,price it apples to apples for the equipment you want with it.i reccomend the telescoping draft links with it if you change rear equipment alot,just makes hookup alot easier and worth the extra investment i feel,good luck on you're purchase.........

/ May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed! #3  
Your deal looks fine to me.. I think that if you get a 4710 or 4x20, you will be happy. The 20's hood setup looks like an improvement. The 10 has autobleed injection.

On ballast, if you read the manual or sales support info, you will hear a litany about the need for proper ballast. The dealer is almost required to NOT deliver a machine that doesn't include ballast. For that reason, many include the ballst box with every loader. I would ask yours to throw it in on the deal.

On tire/wheel ballast there are pros and cons all ove, all discussed at length on this board. By far, the cheapest and very effective solution for YOU would be a $6 tire fill adapter from NAPA or TSC. Hook it to the tire stem with the core removed and a garden hose. Fill tires with water. Last I checked, freezing wasn't a big concern in your neighborhood. I filled mine with doggy safe antifreeze, and it has been a huge help. There are inexpensive adapters that let you use used barbell heights in the wheels.

But for loader work, you will want weight on the 3 point. That's why I'd get him to throw in the ballast box...

/ May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed! #4  
I'd say that is a great deal. I don't think I could do much better. I would definitely buy that if it's what you need. You won't find a much better price. Are you an American Quarter Horse Association member?

/ May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed! #5  
Regarding loading the tires, calcium chloride is the stuff that can corrode the wheels on the inside. Also, calcium chloride will kill any vegetation if spilled. Some alternatives are what rockyridgefarm mentioned. There is also foam and Rim Guard. Rim Guard (aka Beet Juice) is non-corrosive and environmentally safe in the event of a spill.

/ May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed! #6  
Yup, That looks like great stuff.

I mentioned water for a florida guy since freezing isn't a big deal. But shoulda probably put better disclamers on that...

/ May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed! #7  
well, did we get a tractor?!!

/ May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed!
Hi all, I hope Billy jumps to this thread so he can read this also.

The family and I went to the local dealer here today. They had a 5220, 4710, 4510, 4310, and a 790.

We (the dealer and us) talked about the 5220's transmission and operation because my wife liked how it was a little bigger than the others (that's my girl! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) and the salesman said he'd get the keys and we'd try the 4710 and the 5220 out.

At that time I was kind of hoping my wife would say she would learn to drive the 5220 but it did seem a little large for what I needed. Maybe not though, we are still going to need a finish mower/tractor because the 4710 is kind of big for that.

We she drove the 4710 first. She had this "I'm cool" all serious look while she was backing it up. I think she liked it. My 8 year old daughter even climbed up after a bit with my wife for a short spin in the lot.

It (HST) was a piece of cake to drive. Set your main gear (A, N, B, C), set your speed lever (tortiose or hare or 1,000,000 spots in between), and just left pedal for forward right for reverse.

I told the salesman to quote me the MX6 cutter and that maybe I'll get the 4710 and the cutter first and the loader later. I can use the cutter right now but I need to get a trailer to bring the tractor to and from my property because our house is not built yet. It is supposed to be done in December.

We got home and I had my wife total up what we had in the business check book because I had no clue. I want to put a lot down so my payments will be low.

I am just trying to justify needing such a nice tractor. I know I'll use it a lot but it will be 6 months until we are actually living out there. That would mean I need to buy a trailer also to bring it to the property. Help me guys. You all have tractors, how did you finally do it (not you doc, you definitely need multiple rides)?

I guess one part of me wants to see the new 5320 while the other says I better get this 5710 before it gets sucked up.

We totally forgot to drive the 5220! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I never even tried a New Holland or a Kubota. I'm going to sleep on it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wish me sweet dreams,

/ May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed! #9  
It sure wouldn't hurt to take the time to check out some other models such as the Kioti, New Holland, Kubota. I know what its like to "fall in love" with something...the last time I did (F250) I ended up paying more than I should have for something I could have taken a little more time selecting. You might find something you like better than the JD. (Did I just say that?) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ May Day! May Day! 4710 Price Check Needed! #10  
The one good thing about buying a well known brand is that the resale is very good. Even with 2000 hours the dealer was going to give me $15,500 for my 4600 that is four years old on trade for a 4720. If you can afford it you can't go wrong with the deere. Also I believe deere still has a rebate going for buying the tractor and implements right now. You can also get 0% interest for 36 months as well. With the 0% financing you really aren't going to even pay for it for three years. Plus if you have this in your business you can take a 100% deduction plus you can deduct the loan payments if your accountant does it right.