John Deere 850 hours

/ John Deere 850 hours #1  

Oakley

Tractor
2002 Kubota BX2200
I'm selling my Kubota BX2200, because something with more clearance is needed at the new place. I've had a couple of Kubotas and love them, also had Massey 150. I came across this 4wd John Deere with 3600 hours from a place that buys at auction and doesn't know the history.

Would the tractor have required a rebuild by now with this many hours?

/ John Deere 850 hours #2  
Hard to say. Based upon my experience with these little Yanmars I would say the average life expectancy is about 3000 hours. Unless this tractor has a front end loader I would be careful with how much I paid.

/ John Deere 850 hours
Hard to say. Based upon my experience with these little Yanmars I would say the average life expectancy is about 3000 hours. Unless this tractor has a front end loader I would be careful with how much I paid.
That's what I was thinking, too. The MF 135 I had was just over 3k miles and had been completely refurbished. This tractor has a hydraulic connection, so I'm sure it's had a loader hooked up at some point. I have a message into the dealer, will see what they say. If it's an auction tractor, I'll definitely pass.

/ John Deere 850 hours
BTW, they're asking $3900

/ John Deere 850 hours #5  

I hope that's not the case. My 855 hour meter stopped working at 2200 hours who knows how long before I got it. I have run the crap out of it going on 5 years. Still runs like a new engine. No smoke or oil consumption.

/ John Deere 850 hours
I hope that's not the case. My 855 hour meter stopped working at 2200 hours who knows how long before I got it. I have run the crap out of it going on 5 years. Still runs like a new engine. No smoke or oil consumption.

You likely keep up the maintenance on it. There's also a 4wd 28 HP Mitsubishi tractor with loader a guy has owned 15 years and is asking $5k for it, as he bought a bigger tractor. It's almost 3 hrs away, but I'm tempted to make the road trip.

/ John Deere 850 hours #7  
I'm more afraid of stuff with super low hours. Ads like that scream lemon.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 850 hours #8  
Think parts when you think brands. Not sure the hours on a hp engine that size but have friend who has tractor garage and per him 10,000 is not unusual.

/ John Deere 850 hours #9  
Are you anywhere near upstate NY ? My JD790 is for sale. HIGH ground clearance straight tractor / gear shift / FEL / AG

/ John Deere 850 hours
Are you anywhere near upstate NY ? My JD790 is for sale. HIGH ground clearance straight tractor / gear shift / FEL / AG
I wish! It would be nice to live somewhere that snows. Your tractor sounds perfect for my situation.