2320 Trans?

/ 2320 Trans? #1  

Curly69

Bronze Member
Tractor
2006 JD 2305
We're cleaning up where I work and I have the opportunity to buy a 2320 with 1100 hrs, backhoe and bucket that looks brand new. It was used primarily to move dirt and dig up landscaping, some snow removal.
Problem is it don't move. It just stopped about three yrs ago and has been parked ever since.
Worse case scenario for new transmission? My 2305 had trans problems and it was just a valve for $500.00 I figure would be best case. Everything else on it works fine.

/ 2320 Trans? #2  
If it were me interested in that little guy first thing I'd want to see is if it will start. Three years sitting and anything could have gone south on it. Second would be if you then think it's transmission related, what's the worst case cost for a fix ? Maybe it stopped with a blown engine? Be careful with this one.

/ 2320 Trans? #3  
Well, I agree that unless you can see it running it might be worth avoiding. There is probably a good reason it was parked instead of repaired. If the transmission is completely hosed, just the cost of the new one would be around $4500 if you buy it form JD and that does not include installation. It could also just be something simple that they couldn't figure out that is a cheap fix. You just never know if you can't get it running to check. They way I look at things like this is...how upset would I be if I made the purchase and it turned out to be the worst case problem? I usually feel better when someone tells me it was running fine when it was parked but they just left it because they got something new and didn't need it anymore. I tend to shy away from something that was parked for mechanical reasons unless I know exactly what the issue is and how much it costs to fix. When people park them for mechanical reasons it usually screams "it would cost to much to fix." Just my thoughts...

/ 2320 Trans?
It was running fine when parked, it was pulled in by the bucked and backhoe so it ran.
This is a housing community that I have worked for and they are just cleaning and throwing a ton of working things away. Someone yesterday just left with a dozen refrigerators, stoves and other appliances. They were just the wrong color all worked. I scored a upright Husky compressor that I was told didn't run, tripped breaker. There was a wrench caught in the comp pulley, works perfectly and still has the sold sticker on it.
I have to let them know by tomorrow or the garbage man will take it or get junked for scrap. They just want the property cleaned.
I'm sure I could sell the back hoe, bucket and motor for much more then they will take.

/ 2320 Trans? #5  
If they aren't asking much for it, take it. I was under the impression they were trying to get a decent price out of it but that doesn't sound like the case. If they are willing to junk it for scrap, then try to pay them the scrap price for it max but try to get it for free since you will haul it. There really isn't much risk if you can get it for the scrap price or pay the amount you think you can get for parting part of it out. I just wouldn't pay a lot for it.

/ 2320 Trans?
Place has been sold three times now in 5 yrs. They are showing it an the maintenance area is a dump and they just want everything gone a clean looking for potential buyers.
I will tomorrow be going by and I'm going to just offer a thousand and I'll take it away. The backhoe and front bucket I figure would bring about $4,000.00. For all I know it could be low on fluid, although everything else works.

/ 2320 Trans? #7  
If you get it for $1000, it is certainly worth picking up. You can get your money back and more by parting it out if you have to. At that price, I'd even consider putting a pretty good chunk of money back into fixing it over time.