JD 4320 Purchasing Questions...

/ JD 4320 Purchasing Questions... #21  
Hopefully the motors will preform without problems like the Yanmars. I know the JD line of 200 series skid steers have kind of a poor track record for reliability or so the techs tell me when I get them ready to be worked on. I think the JD skid steers have the best looks though.

/ JD 4320 Purchasing Questions... #22  
Stopped at my local JD dealer today to pickup a part for my one JD product...a 10 year old push mower. Interesting is at that the time I purchased it they were painted silver. Doesn't clash with my orange guys as much as green would.

The dealer had three new 20 series CUTs out front; 2 4720s and one 4320. The 4720 looked to be the same size as a 4710 except for the hood. the new hood looked like it was on steroids. The 4320 was parked next to a 4310. Huge difference here. The 4320 was the same size as the 4720; front tires, rear tires, e-hydro, everything. I talked to a sales guy and was surprised by two things: 1) no extendable links on the 3pt hitch and no factory cabs. He said they are coming with a cab to compete with Kubota's factory cab.

They look like a nice step up from their "ten" series.Hope the prices didn't "step up" as well. Others might raise prices to keep up.

OrangeGuy

/ JD 4320 Purchasing Questions... #23  
I hope we get one in soon. I would like to see them in person and drive it. Going to trade in the Kubota for a new Deere with cab? They are really nice on the 5000 Twenty series. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD 4320 Purchasing Questions... #24  
Orangeman, do you know Rat gets his tail caught in the JD door every now and then. I hope he doesn't find out you were in here, he might pull your hall pass....hahaha (I think most of the lurkers on board are those that are afraid to be caught looking at the other colors)

Did they have your part for your 10 year old push mower? Can they get it? Hope so...Kyle
PS, (I came within a whisker of buying orange)

/ JD 4320 Purchasing Questions... #25  
Kyle in Tex,

Jeez...I'd hate to lose my hall pass. I'll be more careful in the future.

My JD push mower (model 21SE, I think) is an electric start. I bought the electric start for my boys when they were younger. Better safety! The rechargeable battery is shot. The old one is no longer available but crosses over to a new one. Unfortunately, the new battery requires a number of new mounting pieces bringing the cost up to an unacceptable level. As the boys are off to college, I will just have to continue using the rope start.

OrangeGuy

/ JD 4320 Purchasing Questions... #26  
Orange Guy, which dealer and in what town did you see the new tractors. None of the local dealers in SE Minnesota have one yet. I thought I might take a look at one this Saturday.

Terry,

/ JD 4320 Purchasing Questions... #27  
<font color="orange"> </font> The 4320 was parked next to a 4310. Huge difference here.

Hey Orange, thanks for the update! The 4320 is NOT a replacement for the 4310 (even though the model number looks that way...) The boys in Green are moving to a new model number system for CUTs ... So the 4320 SHOULD look a bunch bigger, it is closer to a 4710 than a 4310...

We have a price out on Rat's tail... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ JD 4320 Purchasing Questions... #29  
I will sometimes see their semi at my place! I might have to make the trip down there to see them.