I'm so excited...I'm gonna buy me a John Deere!

/ I'm so excited...I'm gonna buy me a John Deere! #1  

JohnMiller3

Elite Member
Tractor
Satoh S650G, MF135, MF165, JD5205
I\'m so excited...I\'m gonna buy me a John Deere!

50824_4700_f.jpg

Hey folks, I’m so excited… I’m gonna buy me a genuine John Deere 4000 Series tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

2b0d88e.jpg

I just watched my John Deere video and I’m thoroughly convinced it’s JD green.

Compared to New Holland Boomer and Kubota B/L series: John Deere has larger fuel tanks; better fuel efficiency, higher torque and easier starting direct injection engines, more massive 3-point hitch lift capacity, higher hydraulic pump pressure and gpm, and last but not least… John Deere maintains a higher resale value…

Wait just a darn minute… I’ve waited sooo loooong for that JD video, I almost forgot…I’ve already got 4 tractors… and I already own a John Deere… /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

I’ve got to stop daydreaming like this and go back to work…/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

e0cbe7e.jpg

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ I'm so excited...I'm gonna buy me a John Deere! #2  
Re: I\'m so excited...I\'m gonna buy me a John Deere!

John,

<font color=blue>I just watched my John Deere video and I’m thoroughly convinced it’s JD green.

Compared to New Holland Boomer and Kubota B/L series: John Deere has larger fuel tanks; better fuel efficiency, higher torque and easier starting direct injection engines, more massive 3-point hitch lift capacity, higher hydraulic pump pressure and gpm, and last but not least… John Deere maintains a higher resale value… </font color=blue>

...and apparently they have an excellent marketing department too!!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Kevin

/ I'm so excited...I'm gonna buy me a John Deere! #3  

Kevin, it may not be John Deeres marketing department that needs help, its its sales department. My local Kubota/Deere dealer can't move any of his Deeres (possible exception is the Gator) compared to the Kubotas he sells. I asked him why and he simply stated that having the two together makes the differences painfully obvious. What does that mean I asked. He said when they drive a Deere the short comings in the hydrostatic drive compared to the Kubotas stick out like a sore thumb. I know very little about the smaller compacts, but the larger compacts like the 4600 and 4700, the L4610 and the L48 do have some noticeable differences besides their color. The engine and hydrostatic on the Kubotas does seem better after I did side by side comparissons in the dealers yard. The Yanmar company makes a fine engine for Deere, just a little more racket when I directly compare between the Kubota 4610 and the JD 4600 or 4700. Power wise you could not draw a conclusion with the limited testing one can do in a dealers yard. That would be a tougher argument for me to make convincing someone either way. I would agree though that the hydrostatic works alot smoother on the Kubota. This probably has as much to do with my eventual decision between the JD 4700 and the Kubota L4610. I ordered the video sometime ago that JohnIII mentions, can't wait to see it. I'm a much tougher sell though for any product then your typical consumer. JD definitely deserves a look at by me as it is the one manufactuer I have the least experience using. At work I have used both the Ford/New Hollands and the Kubotas. For now my old International 454 is King and I will struggle with it. Rat...

/ I'm so excited...I'm gonna buy me a John Deere! #4  

Rat,

When I was going through the process I knew zilch about tractors so I really went in with an open mind. After doing lots of homework and test driving everything they would let me drive it really boiled down to $$. Like many others I think JD, Kubota, NH.. are all excellent tractors. Unfortunately the JD versions are MUCH more expensive here. I know the old "apples and oranges" argument many use, but basically I wanted a good reliable tractor from a good reliable dealer. The JD offering was a little over $3500 more expensive than the Kubota package. The dealer kept saying "resale value is much better with a JD". I simply pointed out that as he was aware no brand lasts long on the used market in our area...they are all bought quickly for a good fair price. And besides, I'm hoping to keep it...NOT sell it!!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I can see from the numbers many others have posted that in certain areas it looks like JD is much more competative with the other brands as far as price. If that was true here I might be driving green, who knows!!!

Kevin

/ I'm so excited...I'm gonna buy me a John Deere! #5  
maybe get real smart and buy a kioti...:D

/ I'm so excited...I'm gonna buy me a John Deere! #6  
maybe get real smart and buy a kioti...:D

So how advanced was the Kioti when this thread was up in 2001?:confused:

As an example both Kubota and Deere have introduced newer hydrostatic transmissions and other features since that time.

/ I'm so excited...I'm gonna buy me a John Deere! #7  

Kevin, it may not be John Deeres marketing department that needs help, its its sales department. My local Kubota/Deere dealer can't move any of his Deeres (possible exception is the Gator) compared to the Kubotas he sells. I asked him why and he simply stated that having the two together makes the differences painfully obvious. What does that mean I asked. He said when they drive a Deere the short comings in the hydrostatic drive compared to the Kubotas stick out like a sore thumb. I know very little about the smaller compacts, but the larger compacts like the 4600 and 4700, the L4610 and the L48 do have some noticeable differences besides their color. The engine and hydrostatic on the Kubotas does seem better after I did side by side comparissons in the dealers yard. The Yanmar company makes a fine engine for Deere, just a little more racket when I directly compare between the Kubota 4610 and the JD 4600 or 4700. Power wise you could not draw a conclusion with the limited testing one can do in a dealers yard. That would be a tougher argument for me to make convincing someone either way. I would agree though that the hydrostatic works alot smoother on the Kubota. This probably has as much to do with my eventual decision between the JD 4700 and the Kubota L4610. I ordered the video sometime ago that JohnIII mentions, can't wait to see it. I'm a much tougher sell though for any product then your typical consumer. JD definitely deserves a look at by me as it is the one manufactuer I have the least experience using. At work I have used both the Ford/New Hollands and the Kubotas. For now my old International 454 is King and I will struggle with it. Rat...

And I thought it was because the Green Paint was more expensive. I have driven a bunch of tractors over the years and owned two Kubotas.

/ I'm so excited...I'm gonna buy me a John Deere! #8  
So how advanced was the Kioti when this thread was up in 2001?:confused:

As an example both Kubota and Deere have introduced newer hydrostatic transmissions and other features since that time.

Relax, I was making fun of a making fun quote....:D