4x20 Series

/ 4x20 Series #1  

klm

Silver Member
Tractor
Allis D17 CIH D40, JD5310, Massimo MS50010
Anybody here bought one yet? I have looked at them and I'm interested.
Kinda confused about them being excately alike except for horsepower. Why not buy the lowest HP and turn up the pump, thereby saving a few thousand? Know I must be missing something.

/ 4x20 Series #3  
HP/Torque to the ground and PTO.

/ 4x20 Series #4  
i've had mine about a month

I'm really impressed with it so far
I have the 4720 58 hp version
I thought what you did about buying the smallest and turning up the pump or whatever,, but then I'm not about to void the warranty on anything in this price range. I suspect surely there is more difference that just the pump or turbo settings. Then again I am an amatuer to this class of tractor.

At any rate,, I do really like this tractor - I have the hst ( all the 4720's come standard Hst

I put a 81 tiller full depth in hard packed dry ground and it eats it up like butter.

The loader works just as one would expect - just right to me.

The positioning on almost everything is just right.
I wish the seat would go back further but if your not as tall you probably will be happy with that. ( i'm 6'1") It fits at least as good as any of the others I test drove.

I do sometimes wish you could exit left or right / but I suppose anything with the scv is going to have the right area blocked.

I've had no problems with any of the systems.

I have only 30 hours on it but things are lookin good.
Good power for sure.

Tom

/ 4x20 Series #5  
If you go through the JDParts lists - all of the internal parts numbers on the Twenty series engine seem to be identical. Certainly any area you'd think there could be differences - crank, rods, pistons, bearings, block, head - all those are the same. I think it's going to be a tough sell over the long haul for Deere to explain away the $$ differences.