Buying Advice John Deere 170 skid steer purchase advice needed

/ John Deere 170 skid steer purchase advice needed #1  

reberly

Hi everyone,
I need some advice. While looking for a bobcat a friend recommended a friend of his and I was offered an immaculate JD 170 skid steer for $4500 and I wondered if it was a good offer. The rims and tires look new, the paint is original and barely chipped, and it is essentially from the 1st owner with manual, forks, weights, bucket, bill of sales, etc. It is a 1972 with a 37 hp Wisconsin 4 and it was garaged it's entire life. The seat needs replacing and I found oil on the UC but the owner explained that a kid was hired to change the oil and didn't get the drain bolt back on. I drove it and it started first try, drove smooth and felt fine. It has 1600 hours on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as it may be my first skid steer purchase.
Rich /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ John Deere 170 skid steer purchase advice needed #2  
Hi everyone,
I need some advice. While looking for a bobcat a friend recommended a friend of his and I was offered an immaculate JD 170 skid steer for $4500 and I wondered if it was a good offer. The rims and tires look new, the paint is original and barely chipped, and it is essentially from the 1st owner with manual, forks, weights, bucket, bill of sales, etc. It is a 1972 with a 37 hp Wisconsin 4 and it was garaged it's entire life. The seat needs replacing and I found oil on the UC but the owner explained that a kid was hired to change the oil and didn't get the drain bolt back on. I drove it and it started first try, drove smooth and felt fine. It has 1600 hours on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as it may be my first skid steer purchase.
Rich /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If ya Don't Buy I will Where is It ?

/ John Deere 170 skid steer purchase advice needed #3  
Since the original post is from more than 8 years ago, I doubt seriously it would still be available, especially at a 2004 price!

/ John Deere 170 skid steer purchase advice needed #4  
Yea But It Don't Hurt To Let himKnow Fer Sure !

/ John Deere 170 skid steer purchase advice needed #5  
The last time the original poster was on here checking things was January 2005.

Otherwise, welcome to TBN! It's common for new folk to search and respond to old posts:).