/ 4210 #1  

Bronze Member
Tractor
I found a 4210 with a 420 loader and a 72 inch belly mower, 72 inch bucket. The unit is 6 months old and about 100 hours on it. What is a good price to pay for it?

/ 4210 #3  
The price sounds pretty good, especially with some warentee left, but you need to fill in your profile so we know where you are. The prices on tractors vary quite a bit based on region. Also what was the tractor used for in it's first 100 hours? Was it a rental?

Cliff

/ 4210
The tractor was used to prepare his 7 acres for sod. He has landpride attachments: pulverizer, box blade, tiller, and deer forks that he will sell for 65% of what he paid new for them.

/ 4210 #5  
Is the 4210 a MFWD, and what is the transmission, standard or E-hydro? I've owned a 4210 for 3 years and 240 hours, if you have any general questions about the model feel free to PM me. You could also read my review of my JD.

Land Pride attachments are an excellent quality and the 65% price is fair since they are so new, just be sure they are an item you would need and use. Since he likely got a 10% discount or more off list, what you are asked to pay is about 50% of list which I'd happily pay in your situation.

I'd guesstimate that a new 4210 equipped with the FEL and 72 inch MMM, assuming it has MFWD and E-hydro, should cost around $21000 delivered, depending on dealer markup where you live. Good luck !!

/ 4210 #6  
That sounds like a terrible deal to me. Give me his address and directions to his house and I'll pull a trailer up there to tell him just how bad it is. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (just kidding) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif