Where's the detail/accuracy in the specs?

/ Where's the detail/accuracy in the specs? #21  
Re: Where\'s the detail/accuracy in the specs?

Looks that way... I noted earlier that the 50 hour service was drasticly simplified, no doubt related to this aswell.

BTW the skid plates don't seem to be in the configurator...

/ Where's the detail/accuracy in the specs?

This really sucks! Looks like I'll have to add one. One of the first things that I do is add a Filtermag to my spin on filters. Even the fuel filter will show visible results.

Attachments

• 591066-Allison spin on.JPG
    591066-Allison spin on.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 110
   / Where's the detail/accuracy in the specs? #23  

KennedyDiesel,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This really sucks! Looks like I'll have to add one. One of the first things that I do is add a Filtermag to my spin on filters. Even the fuel filter will show visible results. )</font>

I looked in the manual and on JD Parts. There appears to be a cartridge type filter on the three thousand twenty series rather than a spin-on.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Changing Transmission Oil and Hydraulic Suction Oil Filter

1. Run engine a few minutes to warm the transmission oil.

2. Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in the SAFETY section.)

NOTE: The PowrReverser transmission contains approximately 23.8 L (6.3 gal) of oil and the eHydro transmission contains approximately 25.7 L (6.8 gal) of oil.

3. Position drain pan under transmission drain plug (A) and suction filter assembly on left side of transmission. Remove plug and allow oil to drain.

4. Remove cover (B) and allow oil to drain.

5. Remove filter assembly and replace with new filter assembly.

6. Install cover.

7. Install transmission drain plug.

NOTE: The inline hydraulic filter should be cleaned at the same time the transmission oil is changed, but not every time. See SERVICE INTERVALS.

8. Clean inline hydraulic filter:

a. Position drain pan under filter (G).

b. Remove filter from lines.

c. Remove nut (H) with internal element from case.

d. Clean case and internal element with a mild solvent. Allow to dry.

NOTE: Direction-of-flow arrow on filter points toward transmission fitting.

e. Assemble and install hydraulic filter assembly. )</font>

From the instructions, I gather that they have moved the strainer which lives in the sump of the four thousand and four thousand ten series to one of the oil cooler lines and now refer to it as an inline hydraulic filter.

What is a Filtermag and what does it do?

OK, a little help here.

So are the hydraulics and hydro all running on the same fluid as in my 455?

If the cartridge tpe filter housing is steel, I can likely stick a filtermag on it. A Filtermag is a set of extremely high powered magnets in a band that you put on the outside of your filter. Pics/details on my site under Truck Accessories or in the previous post that I made.

/ Where's the detail/accuracy in the specs? #25  

KennedyDiesel,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So are the hydraulics and hydro all running on the same fluid as in my 455? )</font>

The hydraulics, power steering, and hydrostatic transmission all feed from a common resevoir which is the transaxle. In addition to providing fluid power, the hydraulic fluid also lubricates the transaxle components.

I've attached an exploded drawing of the suction filter.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A Filtermag is a set of extremely high powered magnets in a band that you put on the outside of your filter. Pics/details on my site under Truck Accessories or in the previous post that I made. )</font>

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Attachments

• 591181-MP35210________UN05OCT04.gif
    591181-MP35210________UN05OCT04.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 120

I used the "build your own" feature at Deere.comtoday, and up popped a survey. They left a big blank for suggestions at the end...