Mid Mount Mower ?

/ Mid Mount Mower ? #1  

crdnlplt

With the help of this wonderful board, my father recently purchased a '99 JD 790. The tractor has about 380 hrs and looks flawless. It was garage kept and still has the original paint on the pedals.

My question is regarding the MMM. It came with a 60" JD MMM but we do not really need it. We are wondering if there is a market for a used MMM from a 790 and what is it worth? It is just as nice as the tractor and just had the blades sharpened.

Attached is a picture of the tractor with the mower on it.

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• 601091-jd5.jpg
    601091-jd5.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,930
   / Mid Mount Mower ? #2  
crdnlplt:

My god!, is that a real pic or a tractor pic imposed over a back ground? Very nice! on both the tractor and home/property.

Ahywho...Yes there is a small market for MMM's but it's a better market for smaller tractors as more of them are used for ground mantaince like mowing yards.

You could try E-bay / local paper / Equipment trader rag in your local area...I'm thinkin' some where in the $350-475 range? but I could be way off base on that.

/ Mid Mount Mower ? #4  
That is a nice house and property!

So, where are you at?

/ Mid Mount Mower ? #5  
crdnlplt , That looks to be a JD 260/262 MMM deck and is worth in the range of $1200 to 1500 , about 22-2300 new. Yes there is a good market for lightly used mowers.

David

/ Mid Mount Mower ? #6  
Hey, Flatheadlake. The deck MAY fit other models, but you would need the part number from the deck for sale. You could cross-reference at a competent dealer or, better yet, on JD's website. The deck from a 790 will likely work with a 990, but there may be a different set of suspension brackets. There are a few decks that are compatible across a broader range of models (the 62C, for example), but most are designed to work within the model "family." You'd just have to check.

BTW (as an example), I'm certain that the 60" belly mower in the picture is the same stamped shell and spidle assembly as the 60" deck on my 4110, but the attaching weldments and brackets are most likely in diffferent locations on the shell. The drive shaft and gear box are most likely different than mine, too.

/ Mid Mount Mower ? #7  
"The deck from a 790 will likely work with a 990"

The 990 doesn't have a mid-PTO, so this mower won't fit.

Per the Deere website, it looks like the 4110, 4115 and 790 is all it fits. The 42xx series uses a 72" mower (kind of a surprise since the 790 has the same power).

I'd go $800 if it isn't too far to drive, but that's about the limit.
PM me if your interested.

/ Mid Mount Mower ?
Thanks but the house is neither mine nor my parents. The house/property belongs to the gentleman we bought the tractor from. It is a beautiful neighborhood with houses on lots in the 2 - 5 acre range, many with horses, in Stafford VA. The 790 was his lawn mower. He sold it to us because he bought one of those zero turn mowers and another JD with a loader because he was planning on doing some loader work and preferred the ehydro.

/ Mid Mount Mower ? #9  
As it is,
that deck will mount up to the 770 and 790.
There are a lot of differences in drive systems and attaching systems, so it would be hard to cross that deck over to a 55 or 4000 series, even though the shell may be the same.
Brand new,, that deck runs about $2,500 list with it's attaching kit.
I think $1,200 is a fair price, but it depends on how quick you want to sell it etc.. (of course I work at a dealership and usually think in terms of retail pricing)
Beautiful place!

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Mid Mount Mower ? #10  
I can't tell for sure, but that MMM looks just like the one I have on my JD 445 yard tractor. 60" with 3 blades?