Which LT?

/ Which LT? #11  
Last Christmas I was at Disney World and I happened to talk to someone who designed lawn tractors. I had some of the same question you have. I was looking at Home Depot for a lawn tractor to replace my Simplcity. He told me to take a pass on the cheaper Deere tractors and buy a LTR180. I love it!!!!!! It has a 42 deck that throws the clipping out the rear and it spreads them better then I could have imagined. The thing also bags like nothing I ever seen. AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET OFF TO DUMP THE CLIPPINGS. He said the tractor was originailly designed for the Euro market. Anyway I looked at the LT line and LX and this thing is sweet. The guy said not to wait to long to buy one of the currently built Deere tractors. I guess there redesigning the whole lawn tractor line. Which means ??? Maybe more cheaper tractor, he wouldn't say much about it, but didn't seem to impressed. This guy actually owns one of the first LTR's and said he'd part with it when he dies or can afford an X tractor which ever comes first..

/ Which LT?
Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm going to order an LT180 with the 48" deck, the mulching conversion kit, and the plastic cart this week. I was quoted a price of $3894 for everything (that's with the $250 off accessories offer currently being run).

What do you think about that price? I hope this grass cutting fever doesn't wear off, although it probably will.............

Fritz

/ Which LT?
It is done. On May 31 at 2:30PM a John Deere LT 180 with a 48C deck, mulching conversion, and plastic cart will be dropped off at my new doorstep.

May the grass gods shine brightly upon my yard and I............

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Which LT? #14  
Good choice. I think the LT line will serve you well. They are a good solid tractor for the money.

/ Which LT?
I got the mulching conversion kit, but they didn't come with Gator mulching blades. In your opinions, would it be worth getting the Gators? Do they perform well enough to warrant an upgrade or will the stick JD mulching blades do fine?

Thanks,

Fritz

/ Which LT? #16  
I've never used the Gator mulching blades. I just keep the JD blades sharp. I have three sets and just rotate through those as needed. Usually after kicking up some gravel on the road or topping a stump. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
From my use the JD mulching blades don't leave any noticeable trace of clippings.