I need a bigger tractor

/ I need a bigger tractor #1  

PLOWER

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4710 JD Lt133 JD 345
I bought a place with 208 acres and i have a 4100 which won't help me at this place. I was thinking along the lines of about a JD 5105 size with a loader, but I am low on money after buying this place. So what you guys think will be best for my money please tell me. I might even get a Kubota if they are cheaper I really dont know.

/ I need a bigger tractor #2  
Plower, a lot depends on what you intend to do to that 208 acres. You need to provide more details for anyone to give a valid answer.

Bird

/ I need a bigger tractor
Sorry about that I was in a hurry, but All I need is one that can take a bigger brush hog and will be alot more stable on hills. I will rent out the farm land part of my acreage, so I wont need a huge tractor that can plow huge fields. I will need the loader mainly for snow removal theres a 1.5 acre lot around the house and shed that will need to be snowplowed in the winter, and a long drive way. I could'nt imagine doing all this with the 4100. By the way there is alot of land that will need to be brushed hoged by the house, like 7 acres and then theres also alot of trails that will need it too.

/ I need a bigger tractor #4  
Plower, we wont have a difficult time spending your money. We'll all recommend the biggest hydro available in whatever color you like. There. It's decided. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I need a bigger tractor #5  
Plower,
Your 4100 can handle a 6 foot mower. For seven acres I'd just get the front mounted snowblower for that one or a loader and blade. Seven acres may seem like alot but it's certainly not worth the price of a 5105 just to pull a seven or eight foot mower deck. I used to just have a 5' mower and I could mow 10 acres in about four hours.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

But I really dont know how much I will be bushhogging. But theres all of these hills around and thats what im worried about the most the 4100 is like trying to stand a penny on end!!, on slightly sideways hills. Well I talked to my dad and he says theres 21 acres that we will need to mow, with alot of trails that go all over the property along the fields. See I'm 16 and I do all the finding tractors for my dad I always have and probably always will. The guy that lived there had a JD 6400 or something and he said that we would need alot bigger tractor that the one we have. Thanks

P.S. I have my 4100 weighted down to the max and I wont even try it on the hills at this new place.

/ I need a bigger tractor #7  
Plower,
If that's the case then I'd either look at the 4600 or 4700. I extend my wheels out quite a ways and mow on terrible ground with no problems. I can pull a 7' mower without much trouble. If you really want to go into the bigger tractor the 5000 series would do the job. Ask John Miller about the one that he has. That would certainly do the job.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

What transmission do you have? And can you really go over some really rough terrain? I thought that the 5105 was cheaper thatn a 4600.

I think maybe a 4600 would be alot better if it can go over tough stuff. Its cheaper like by $2,000 once you get the loader into the price.

/ I need a bigger tractor #10  
You know what on the 5105 you're talking almost the same price. I didn't realize they were that close in price. Go with the 5105. It's a bigger tractor. Only thing is with that you don't have the power reverser or HST option but that's more of a tractor and you will have better stability and using power. I had always thought they were more until I looked at jdlawns.com.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF