Default 4320 and MX6

I am considering a 4320 with an MX6. Today my dealer said "you may want to consider a 4520 for the MX6." I would appreciate anyone giving their experience with 6ft rotary cutters. How much HP do I really need? I suspect he was just trying to get me to buy the 4520 because it was on his lot rather than transporting the 4320 50 miles from the dealers other lot.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4320

Default Re: 4320 and MX6

I wouldn't think a couple of horsepower will make any noticeable difference. My 4320 will power my MX6 with no problems. I think your hunch is right...

Tractor
    Deere 4310 HST MFWD

I know, I know. You can't run an MX with a 4310. Just don't tell my 4310. I have no problem with it whatsoever.

It is always a hard call when a salesman tries to upsell you. sometimes they are just looking out for you. Sometimes they can't see past their own stuff.

You would have no problem running an MX6 with a 4320. If you are starting a bush hogging business and are very concerned about productivity, the 4520 MIGHT be a little better.

But then, your gonna turn the magic screw up on a 4320 and have a 4720 once the warranty runs out anyway, aren't ya? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If I were in charge of this product line at deere, I would have sent the machines to the dealers with a set of 'black boxes' and model decals,. If you want a 4120, we plug in box 'A' and set those decals, a 4520 gets box 'C'. Why are they transporting a ton and a half of equipment over a program change and a decal...?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

I think you have the salesman figured out. Suggest that for the same money, you will take him up on the 4520, and you both will be happy.