Dealer Local dealer not ordering anymore JD 4000 series

/ Local dealer not ordering anymore JD 4000 series #1  

Hillbilly

Platinum Member
I stopped up at a local John Deere dealership,he only had about 4 JD 4000 series on the lot and a new Millenium brand tractor and a few larger tractors and a 970 or 2(it sure looked empty),he told me he was not going to order anymore of the JD 4000 series tractors,he said he had too many complaints on them, and was going to wait on the new 4010 series. I told him I was thinking about moving up a size and he said wait until the 4010 series are out and come back and see him then,I got the impression he did not even want any used 4000 series on the lot(in other words he did not want to trade)He said that is one of the reasons he got the Millenium brand he was trying to sell some tractors,The other day he told me the John Deere prices were to high for a lot of people and they were going down the road to the Kubota dealership instead. He also told me John Deere for the most part would not listen to the dealers,but after seeing the 4010 he thought maybe they were starting to pay attention.

/ Local dealer not ordering anymore JD 4000 series #2  
That's sad when a dealer dosen't even want to deal with the factory. sounds like he may some issues with the factory that he did not share with you. From reading this site, I didn't think htat there were that many compaints about the 4000 series. I have had one for over 1.5 years and have no compaints.

/ Local dealer not ordering anymore JD 4000 series #3  
He might be blowing smoke. Say he's having trouble paying his bills and JD won't issue him any more credit. This might cause him to start bad-mouthing them.

Alan L., TX

/ Local dealer not ordering anymore JD 4000 series
No, he said he was not going to order anymore John Deere compacts until the JD 4010 series came out,they are not hurting for money,they have tons of JD dozers,loaders,graders etc in about 7 locations in Ohio,Kentucky,WV and Pennsylvania. They do not even sell compact tractors at all of there locations they are primarily heavy equipment. The name of the company is Gress equipment.

/ Local dealer not ordering anymore JD 4000 series #5  
The JD dealer in my area has four outlets (the only Deere outlets in this part of the state) has quite JD. As of the first of this month, He will no longer be selling JD. He still sells Kubota, Mahinda, JCB and a couple of other lines.
The reason that he has dropped JD from what I understand is that JD told him that the Kubota’s and the other brands had to go. John Deere doesn’t want anything on the lots except their tractors. He told JD that he was keeping the other brands and that they could keep their tractors. I don’t know what the John Deere owners will do for parts and service locally. The nearest dealer will be about two hours from here.

18-32460-1250sig.gif

/ Local dealer not ordering anymore JD 4000 series
Wow,thats interesting.I know of 2 dealers here in WVa that sell New Holland along with JD.

/ Local dealer not ordering anymore JD 4000 series #7  
I seriously doubt that Deere wouild engage is such obvious retraint of trade. I suspect that there is a tale not being told.

Matthew

/ Local dealer not ordering anymore JD 4000 series #8  
I don't know, you know how things get around. But I do know that this dealer has been in business for over fourty years and started out with John Deere.

18-32460-1250sig.gif

/ Local dealer not ordering anymore JD 4000 series #9  
I know of a local motorcycle dealer that wanted to start to sell a lesser known brand than the one made in USA. Factory told him he could sell them but they are very strict as to the layout of the store etc and told him for every sq ft of space he gave the brand x, they would have to cut his allotment of motorcycles so in essence he could not sell other brands unless he wanted to enlarge his store etc. so yes, the factories do restrict free trade or competition.