Test drove the 3720....

/ Test drove the 3720.... #1  

Bowhunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
....and can't stop drooling. Comparing the 3720 to my B9200 is like apples to oranges, but wow what a difference. My old Kub only has half the horsepower, and no power steering, so those differences alone made the JD feel like a Cadilac. Not to mention the suspension on the seat (not something I'm accustomed to). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The JD definately turned much sharper than my current tractor. Maybe I could stop making 5 and 6 point turns around every tree. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I got quotes on the 3720, 3520, 3320, as well as the 300 cx loader and 72" 7-iron MMM (listed seperately). The prices are better than some I've seen posted, and not as good as others. Like everything I assume it's mostly regional. Here's the rundown:
3720 - $20,850
3520 - $19,100
3320 - $17,300
300 cx loader - $3,300
72" 7-iron - $3,000

$3,550 is a considerable upfront difference to have to cough up between the 3320 and 3720, but to me is a small price to pay to gain 11.5 hp, turbo, and an intercooler. For a tractor that I would plan to keep 10 to 20+ years the $3,550 works out to be not much at all and well worth it. Now I just need to convince the wife that I NEED one of these beauties. That should only take 10 years or so. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hopefully the pricing info will be helpful to someone. Now to send off for my free mechanic's gloves. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Test drove the 3720.... #2  
Your not gonna paint them gloves orange are you ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Test drove the 3720.... #3  
The usual advice would be to take your wife down for her own testdrive. But now all I ever get to do is change implements for her... Ow well, Maybe she'll let me wash it too....

/ Test drove the 3720.... #4  
They are nice! I recently purchased a 3320. Infact, it arrived today, but Deere shipped it with the wrong tires (turf not r4's). The dealer promised to have it corrected by tomorrow morning.

Anyway, I plan to keep this tractor for a long while. I'm not the type of person who trades often. For example, my pick up is a 1996 Chevy HD3/4 ton 4x4 with 250,000 miles on it!

Anyway, I chose the highest HP model in the 3000 line up without adding cost and potential problems down the road with a turbo or intercooler. Just my two cents...admittedly, I have very limited knowledge of diesels or tractors in general.

/ Test drove the 3720.... #5  
Bowhunter,

Get the 3720. I realize that the price difference is fairly large, but for the excellent performance of the 3720, it is probably too little. My 3720 now has 48 hours of use, and I like it better now than when I first used it. Seems the motor is loosening up a little, and making even more power!! If you have the room, I would recommend looking strongly at the rear finishing mowers over the mid mount. While the MMM have their fans, I am a changed user. The ease of taking the mower on and off and the quality of cut is so good now, there is little reason to go with a mid mount, unless one has a tight lawn or lots of obstacles to avoid. My father's lawn has such a situation, and I looked a bit awkward trying to mow it with my combination, but in any other circumstance, the RFM should excel. Just food for thought. Get the 3720. Get the 3720. Get the 3720. Is my subliminal advertising working yet?

John M.

/ Test drove the 3720.... #7  
the 4xxx series are considerably larger. Too large for my application. In fact, the 3xxx series is perhaps too large. I plan to finish mow with my tractor. Though, I would rather overbuy then buy something too small and regret the purchase.

/ Test drove the 3720.... #8  
I hear ya on that one. I bought a 2210 and it does 95% of what I need to do. I wanted a larger tractor but it will tear the yard up, break sprinkler lines, heads, etc. So, I bough a 4720 this year to round out my stable. Take a serious look at the weight, tires and potential damage to your yard. I have turf tires on my 2210, I would probably go with R4s next time.

All good,
D.

/ Test drove the 3720.... #9  
You'll probably want to stick with local dealer for service after the sale, but if you decide to purchase outside the area, I may be able to help with a referral.

/ Test drove the 3720....
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Your not gonna paint them gloves orange are you ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

No, I'll just pretend my tractor is green for a while. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It will be a good while before I am in the market to actually buy, but I'm having fun doing my homework now. As I eluded to in my first post, between the 3 models mentioned I would definately go with the 3720. The additional power is worth the price difference (to me). And yes, I'd be buying local for better service after the sale.