Narrowing it Down Even Further

/ Narrowing it Down Even Further #1  

Hook

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010
Thanks to all for your recent advice/suggestions.

Based on your input, I will definitely be going larger than a BX2200 & larger than the B7500/TC21D range.

I've now narrowed it down to the following choices:
- Kubota B2710
- NH TC29D
- JD 4200

They look pretty equivalent to me & it looks like I can get the implements I want on any of them.

Given this, I'm thinking that I will make the final decision based on price.

Anything wrong with this way of approaching the situation?

Hook

/ Narrowing it Down Even Further #2  
<font color=blue>Anything wrong with this way of approaching the situation?</font color=blue>

Now you're in the ballpark! I've got a B2710 and my cousin has a TC29D. Go drive all 3 colors, see which one "feels" best to you, and then negotiate a price based on that and your opinion of the dealers.

Bird

/ Narrowing it Down Even Further #3  
Hook,
Price yes but also look at what you get for the price. Also set out the specs from each one and see how they stack up. You may get a few more horses with one for only a few hundred dollars or something like that. If you like them all the same then I would just go with what you get for the price. You can't go wrong with any of them. They will all last for many years.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Narrowing it Down Even Further #4  
I went through the same process and at one time settled on the B2710. After using one and a 4200 on my 23 acres I priced a 4300 with the large 430 loader. It was not that much more and the HP and loader power were well worth the extra cost. I have several hills on my property and the 4300 just has more punch and power.

/ Narrowing it Down Even Further #5  
<font color=blue>...I'm thinking that I will make the final decision based on price.....Anything wrong with this way of approaching the situation?...</font color=blue>

Let's see, you now have it narrowed down between three...

Chevy, Ford, and a Yugo...

Sometimes just price alone works... but most of the time...not... /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Narrowing it Down Even Further
Poster: John Miller, III
Subject: Re: Narrowing it Down Even Further

> Let's see, you now have it narrowed down between
> three... Chevy, Ford, and a Yugo...

> Sometimes just price alone works... but most of the
> time...not...

This is very helpful. Since you seem to be suggesting that the John Deere & New Holland are unreliable, overpriced vehicles, I'll just write them off my list & got for the Kubota.

Thanks.

Hook

/ Narrowing it Down Even Further #7  
Hummm... no sense of humor I see...

You really must take some of that starch out of your collar... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

If you don't consider NH & JD... you won't see the whole picture... /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Narrowing it Down Even Further
Poster: John Miller, III
Subject: Re: Narrowing it Down Even Further

> Hummm... no sense of humor I see...

I think your vision is quite fuzzy.

> You really must take some of that starch out of your
> collar...

More good advice. Thank you.

> If you don't consider NH & JD... you won't see the whole
> picture...

Now, didn't my original post say I was considering all 3 brands? Do you really think I'd throw out 2 brands because of your attempt at a humorous post?

/ Narrowing it Down Even Further #9  
If the price difference is substantial then go for the lower price. On the other hand, if the price difference is fairly small you should get the tractor you are most comfortable with. I don't think the power difference between the tractors you list is important. I would suggest you have each dealer show attaching and removing each piece of equipment you plan to purchase. You know, put the mower on; take it off. Put the FEL on; take it off. Of course, drive each one; how it handles or feels to you, I think, is one of the most important considerations. Anyhow, good luck on whichever tractor you get.

/ Narrowing it Down Even Further #10  
I liked what John said about price a few weeks ago. I have always felt this way. It basicly stated that the difference in price will be nothing 5 -10 years down the road, particularly if you get the machine you really want and need. I should think that the difference of as much as 3000 dollars spread out over the next 5, 10, or more years will be of little consideration and little thought given to it if your satisfied with your purchase. Best of luck Hook with your selection, you seem to be checking them out well, Rat...