John Deere 4000 Ten Series

/ John Deere 4000 Ten Series #1  

JohnMiller3

Elite Member
Tractor
Satoh S650G, MF135, MF165, JD5205
John Deere 4000 Ten Series Compact Tractors

-Preliminary Information and John Deere Dealer Schedule

Availability appears to be later this year. They are introducing the tractor to the NE USA
dealers in late October. A sales and pricing manual will be released in November.

The changes involve primarily transmissions and controls. There will be a new option for the mid-chassis tractors and there will be more emphasis on electronic operating systems. There will be many new features exclusive to John Deere Compact Utility Tractors.

John Deere is serious about raising the bar not only for them, but also for the market as a whole.

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

"You are what you eat, drink, think, say and do..."

/ John Deere 4000 Ten Series #3  
any news on when they might be in oklahoma??

/ John Deere 4000 Ten Series #5  
Is worth waiting for the 4020s instead of buying a current 4000 series? Any power increases?

/ John Deere 4000 Ten Series #6  
VinNB, Talked to a dealer this week. All he would tell me is that the 4210 would have a little more power and a restyled hood.

/ John Deere 4000 Ten Series #7  
John

What is meant by, "electronic operating systems"?

/ John Deere 4000 Ten Series #8  
JD is going to have a computerized system to help control the HST. What that actually means needs some investigation?

Where are the pretty colored glossies????? /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Terry

/ John Deere 4000 Ten Series #9  
Straight form JD PR Rep - 4110 essentially the same as 4100. 4115 also essentially the same as 4100, however more horspower than the 4100

electronically controlled HST - sounds like trouble to me on the early models.

/ John Deere 4000 Ten Series #10  
I agree, course I'm old school so new fangled electronic "improvements" concern me. I believe if something works well as it is, leave it alone. I realize manufactures are looking for an edge to gain market control, but feel there are better ways to 'improve' a piece of equipment than implementing electronic do-dads.
1) Quality controls. Give me what I pay for.
2) Heavier duty components, and assemblies. Give me that 1960's over engineered, nearly indestructible REAL STEEL machine, and cut the plastic appendages by 2/3's (or more).
3) Upgraded hydraulic pumps, valves, cylinders.
4) Friendly, helpful customer service - this is a biggy as far as I'm concerned. Nothing cements my loyalty to a vendor quicker and more permanately!
Okay sorry, off the soap box.

Terry