Help identify this tractor

/ Help identify this tractor #1  

tj2

Tractor
New Holland TC29D
All,

my father-in-law recently passed away, and we are trying to liquidate some of his stuff. In this case, we have an old JD tractor, but I don't know too much about them, so I thought I'd ask the forum members if they:

1. Can tell me something about this tractor. Someone said it's a "B" series, but I don't know.

2. Have any idea what it might be worth. We've been offered $1,000 for it, but I don't know if that's a reasonable price.

The tractor has been stored inside for a few years, but was running well when it was stored. Any comments or help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 710413-tractor1.JPG
    710413-tractor1.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 556
   / Help identify this tractor
Another pic.

Attachments

• 710414-tractor2.JPG
    710414-tractor2.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 378
Pic #3.

Attachments

• 710415-tractor3.JPG
    710415-tractor3.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 323
Pic #4.

Attachments

• 710416-tractor4.JPG
    710416-tractor4.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 300
Pic #5.

Attachments

• 710417-tractor5.JPG
    710417-tractor5.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 266
Pic #6.

Attachments

• 710418-tractor6.JPG
    710418-tractor6.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 269
Pic #7.

Attachments

• 710419-tractor7.JPG
    710419-tractor7.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 228
Pic #8. I know it's a lot of pictures, but I wasn't sure what characteristics might be important in identifying the tractor properly. If you have any questions, or would like to see more pictures of something specific, let me know and I'll get some. Thanks.

Attachments

• 710421-tractor8.JPG
    710421-tractor8.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 281
   / Help identify this tractor #9  
I think you are correct about it being a 'B'. It doesn't look as chunky as an A or a G.

It is definitely post-'47, since the sheet metal is 'styled'. Pre-1947 JD tractors looked more crude. This one sports the classic sheet metal designed by Henry Dreyfus and Associates.

Another clue is that the frame is still flat steel and not a stamping. I think that this means that it is not a 'Cyclone B', so I doubt that it is as late as a '52. This is where my knowledge ends. Somebody else needs to pick up this tractor's heritage from here.

Can you get a serial number? That would be a big help.

By the way, is the loader a Deere? If it is, the loader would be about as valuable as the tractor. Genuine Deere loaders are rare for this era, especially for the East.

In short, what you have looks to be a tractor that would appeal to a collector due to its good condition. Do not think that my use of the word 'collector' adds a zero to the end of your initial offer. It just means that it wouldn't take you as long to sell it.

/ Help identify this tractor #10  
tj2,
Can you find the serial number plate?
That will have the best info on it to identify it by.