Kubota vs. Deere

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kubota vs. Deere #1  

jeepers94

Just got quotes for the 2305 with loader and 54" deck,$13,700. The Kubota BX2230 with loader and 60" deck was $12,200.Why would I pay an extra $1500 for the 2305?I have owned Deeres most of my life,but the price difference looks to be pushing me to Kubota.Do you see any benefit of buying the Deere?

/ Kubota vs. Deere #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why would I pay an extra $1500 for the 2305? )</font>

Oh, because you'd rather buy a Cadillac than a Hyundai! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not to mention - resale value, dealer support, etc.

/ Kubota vs. Deere #3  
First make sure that you really would be happy with the Kubota and the dealer. It really isn't that much money if one or the other isn't what you really want.

Then consider asking your deal dealer to sharpen his pencil. In my area one Deere dealer is consistantly thousands higher than the rest. you can locate and solicit bids from the dealer locate on deere's site!

Finally I know some BX models are receiving complaints relating to safety with the pedal setup. I may be wrong on this, but you oughtta check that out before buying...

/ Kubota vs. Deere
The same dealer sells the Kubota and the Deere.Quality wise and as for tradein value,I think it is pretty even.I live in Wisconsin,so this is John Deere country.The Kubota also has 36 months 0% financing and a $500 rebate from their revolving payment plan.So really it is a $2000 difference.

/ Kubota vs. Deere #5  
Well, if you like it, sounds like you can't go wrong with the Orange one!

/ Kubota vs. Deere #6  
That price on that 2305 with FEL and 54" deck, really isn’t that great of a quote. When I bought my 2210 back in May I paid $13600 with a 200cx loader, 62C mower, ballast box and I-match hitch. The base price of the 2305 is less then the 2210 and the 54” mower is $400 less then the 62c mower. Figure it up I got $400 worth of mower more with 62c $200 for ballast box and $235 for I –match hitch. That’s $835 more stuff and still got a better price. I was at my dealer Saturday and he still has two 2210 in stock. He’s still not giving any discounts on 2210 and isn’t planning discounting them. The Kubota BX2230 is an ok machine but not on the level of a 2210/2305. Looked at John Deere, Kubota, and New Holland before buying and the difference is there. You just have to really look

/ Kubota vs. Deere #7  
$1500-2000 is the typical gap between most Kubota's and a Deere's. (at dealer cost, your local findings may vary) When it comes to volume Kubota sells way more tractors so they end up being somewhat cheaper. Both are good tractors and spec out very closely. Like others said, a good dealer is going to be worth far more than a minor cost difference.

/ Kubota vs. Deere #8  
And I'm guessing that the 2305 being a brand-spanking-new model is not being discounted very much; the dealer is able to hold the line on pricing because who doesn't want the latest and greatest vs. an older design? Also, being a new model - and just before the end of summer/tractor season - availability may be tight.

Either or both scenarios = more $$ out of your pocket for the 2305.

-Norm

/ Kubota vs. Deere #9  
Test Drive both units with the loaders on and see which you like best. I did that a Kubota BX2230 verses a JD 2210. The loader controls on the Kubota were to far forward and high for my personal liking. The rocking HST pedal and brake location were a concern in a pinch and uncomfortable also , Once again My own oppinion.Both are nice units. I paid $12700.00 out the door with CX200 and 54" deck, weight box and extra work lights, and R4s. a month ago.

Jim

/ Kubota vs. Deere #10  
I had a completely different experience where the Kubota was significantly higher than the JD. I price a Grand L4630 and a JD 4320 both with FEL, manual transmissions and R4 tires. The Kubota came out $1700 higher than my lowest JD bid. I never test drove the Grand L, but being that much higher than the 4320, I didn't think I needed to. I went with the 4320.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.