New guy waiting on 4300

/ New guy waiting on 4300 #1  

DFarmer

Tractor
Deere 4300, Massey Harris 44, Yanmar 1500
Hello, this is my first posting on this site but I have been visiting here on a regular basis for some time now. I first came to this site because I was interested in buying a new tractor to replace my previously owned and abused Yanmar 1500. During my visits to this site I became interested in the JD 4300. After getting approved for the purchase by my wife, I am now waiting for delivery of my 4300 4WD with loader and backhoe. I stopped by the dealer a couple of days ago to ask about adding a couple of more implements to the deal when I saw my tractor had arrived on his lot. He said that the loader and hoe had come in earlier but that I wouldnt get the tractor until the end of this week because it would take a couple of days to get everything set up. Guys, I am going crazy waiting, and to make matters worse I think that I am taking my wife and kids to the nuthouse with me. They now say that I am not allowed to stop by the dealers lot and visit my beautiful but lonely green machine any more as my devious means of duping them into going with me has grown intolerable for them. I fear that I will have to get either mental therapy or medicated into a stupor if the tractor does'nt get here soon. Its almost like the waiting I remember when my kids were born. See how mentally disturbed I have become? HELP!

/ New guy waiting on 4300 #2  
Isn't it amazing how unimportant something like a new tractor can be to the dealer? To them, its just "another" one coming in and going out. I know your feeling, and the excitement. Then when you get it home, the wife will wonder why you will just go out there and drive that tractor around, for no reason at all! It happens though. I still enjoy my 4300 and still (after three years) once in awhile, get it out and just drive it. Have used it for plenty of work too. Today bush hogged a bunch with the 513 rotary. Hang on there.

/ New guy waiting on 4300 #3  
You are not mentally disturbed- your excitement is entirely justified. It is the wife and kids who have their priorities messed up- they get excited over things that are cosmetic and frivolous. -Stan

/ New guy waiting on 4300 #4  
DFarmer,

You think the waiting is bad now and these WierdTractorInducedBehaviors will end when the tractor is delivered? You and the family are in for a suprise.... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

We have been getting three or four straight days of rain every week for a couple of weeks. The ground is well soaked and all but unworkable at this point. This past week I had a very bad head cold. With the wet and the head cold I was not able to work the tractor this weekend. Instead the wife and I went out to look at a new idea for a house site. The site happens to be near where I keep the tractor. When I walked by the tractor I told it I was sorry that we were not working that weekend and that I promised that next weekend we would work. The wife looked at me like I was a looney tune! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

PreDelivery Jitters is just the start..... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Later...
Dan McCarty

/ New guy waiting on 4300 #5  
I give mine a kiss every once in a while just so my daughters can laugh at me.

/ New guy waiting on 4300 #6  
A COUPLE OF DAYS? Man, you should be in my shoes! I was told a week,week and a half. That was Aug.9th! This is a big ag dealer in central Mn. I guess since Im not buying a combine, Im not as important. I guess Ill continue to consider this another excercise in patience and flexability.(sorry for whining lol) Congratulations and good luck with your tractor. Post some pics when you get your new 4300(lets see it get dirty too)........................mark

/ New guy waiting on 4300 #7  
I know how it is to wait for the 4300, but today I watched my 4300 travel down the road on a truck headed back to the dealer. Looks like a seal in one of the bucket tilt cylinders let go. The bucket slowly drops until in the full down position. Everything else works fine but the bucket is constantly on the downward move. Makes caring anything interesting as you are always correcting the tilt.

I called late on Friday and the dealer had a truck there this morning to pick up my great helper. Worked all day without the tractor and had to go back to the pre-4300 ways of doing work. Man do I want my work horse back now. We are clearing land to build our home and without the loader I had to hand load the logs in the dump truck. Not to mention the the logs had to be cut alot smaller. It took me three times as long to get the job done.

I have to call the service department tomorrow to see how long the 4300 will be down. It was not a good feeling seeing that tractor head out the driveway on the back of that truck.

Did I tell you I miss my 4300 and want it back NOW?

/ New guy waiting on 4300 #8  
good deal on the 4300 Dfarmer.I gets worse you know,wait till a branch or broke off vine comes in for a crash landing on yer hood!