300cx or 300x loader??

/ 300cx or 300x loader?? #1  

wbonnell

Tractor
John Deere 3720
What is the difference between the 300x loader and the 300cx??

/ 300cx or 300x loader?? #2  
The CX is a "commercial" grade loader, so it lifts a little more and has a little more break-out force at the loader tip.

Also, and more importantly, the CX is designed to be easily removed and re-attached, while the X is intended to be "permanent".

For the < $500 difference, the CX is stronger, convenient and not that much more money. I'd only get the X if you wanted a tractor/loader pair that will never be separated.

/ 300cx or 300x loader?? #3  
When I setup my 4310 w/ the dealer, I originally had the 300x. After reading some posts in here, I threw down another $500 and went for the 300cx. I have never used the 'x' but I am super happy with the 'cx'. It takes me about 72 seconds to take off the 'cx' /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think it was easily worth the extra dough, FWIW.

/ 300cx or 300x loader?? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Also, and more importantly, the CX is designed to be easily removed and re-attached, while the X is intended to be "permanent".
)</font>

Don't confuse the 300X with the 200X loader. All of the 300 loaders... 300, 300x, and 300cx, are the "Quick Park" loader mounting system and come off the same way.
It's the smaller 200x loader for the 2000 series tractors that isn't designed to be removed from the tractor easily.

But you are right about the capacities,, the 300CX lifts more and lifts higher than the 300X. This is similar to the differences in the older 420 and 430 loaders.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 300cx or 300x loader?? #5  
The 300x and cx are identical loaders except for two things. The cx has bigger and longer lift cylinders increasing the lift capacity to @1600lbs and lift height another 12". The flipside is that more height requires more dump angle, so JD added the cantilever dump setup. The dump cylinders are the same part number on both loaders. So now I have a 300x loader with cx lift cylinders. I should have bought the cx right away, but now I have the lift capacity and height, but the dump angle is not as effective at full height. The dealer sold me the cylinders for a little less than the original upgrade price, but now I have the original cylinders to get in the way and collect dust. Buy the cx.