A Good Deal on a Slightly Used 5105?

/ A Good Deal on a Slightly Used 5105? #1  

Tarheelman

Tractor
TC48DA (R1 tires) with 18LA FEL, HD bucket with toothbar, 2 rear remotes and grill guard
While visiting a JD dealer over the weekend to just look over some models, the dealer had a "great deal" for me. I am still in the evaluation stage (brand and model) and not ready to buy yet, but he priced a used 2005 JD 5105 with roughly 100 hours that was used as a "rental". It is 4wd , ag tires with dual mid scv and two rear scv's plus telescoping draft links. He also included a preheater as well, all for the tidy sum of $20,425.00. There is also roughly 18 months of warranty left on the unit.

Is this a fair price? I'm also evaluating dealers and really do not care to deal with a dealer who may high-ball me on this deal or another new tractor that I might like better.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

/ A Good Deal on a Slightly Used 5105? #2  
I'm not a JD expert, but I've read on TBN about people getting 20% off MSRP on new JD's. Try going to the JD web site and look for the "Build Your Own" link. I came up with $24,782 MSRP for the tractor you describe. That would make this dealer's price about 17% off - for a used tractor.

/ A Good Deal on a Slightly Used 5105? #3  
Like Bill said MSRP is $24782.00 not including the preheater. At 20% dealer discount new price should be around $20,000.00. If you could get him to $19,000 out the door that would be a good price.

I talked to a dealer in Hickory, NC last week and got a price of $23,500 for a new 5205. The only thing I don't like about these tractors, they are not shift-on-the-go and there are several places that I need to shift down on the road when traveling to different tracts of land I brush hog. Otherwise I would buy one. I am now looking at a 5225 as well as bota and NH.

/ A Good Deal on a Slightly Used 5105? #4  
I would think it would be a tad cheaper. I think you can get close to that on a new one with the rigth dealer. I think they are 1500-2500 high on it.

D.

/ A Good Deal on a Slightly Used 5105?
Thanks everybody for the input and research. Your advice is what I suspected. I don't consider this as a new tractor as the dealer seems to do, especially with the warranty running. It bothers me that he offered to show me this tractor only when there were new 5105's and 5205's on the lot as well as 4520's etc. I just didn't get the feeling that everything is on the up and up.

If I go green, it will likely be elsewhere. Luckily, he's not the only game in town.