difference between 4100 & 4110?

/ difference between 4100 & 4110? #1  

bryant1313

what are the difference between these two models? I found a JD 4100 4wd hydro..no accessories, w/turf tires and 69 hours for $8,500.00 is that a good price? Ive been looking at the 4110 then found this one for waht seems to be better price with less hours but I cannot find any spec on it to compare with the 4110. DO they all have the yenmar 3cyl ...are there some option deletes or anything I need to beware of with this model that the 4110 might have that I wont get with this one?

/ difference between 4100 & 4110? #2  
The differences are minimal....the 4110 has a plastic hood, while the 4100 has a metal hood. The 4110 hides the diesel fuel cap with a small door, while the 4100 has the red cap exposed. Other than that, they are the same tractor. Anyone else ? Did I miss anything ?

/ difference between 4100 & 4110? #3  
garchib--does your 4100 have the same 3PH position control as the 4110? Cruise control (not that I ever use it...)?

/ difference between 4100 & 4110? #4  
Hello bryant1313,
Welcome to TBN. It's funny I should say that 'cause I'm still pretty new too! Anyway, I just bought a 4100HST a few weeks ago and love it more and more each time I use it. Here's a list of what I got in the deal:
Model year 2001 John Deere 4100 HST w/ 912 hours (one owner), turf tires.
JD410 loader 61" bucket
JD ballast box
JD450 rototiller
JD413 rotary cutter
JD 54" front blade (modified to 72")w/quick-tatch
King Kutter 5' box blade
Frontier SP1060 pulverizer
4' York rake
I bought it for $10K from a private owner, not a dealer. I thought the number of hours was a little high, but the local dealer said "that's nothing to worry about." I'm not sure if the $8500 you're looking at is high, especially with the low hours, but you'll probably have to spend a certain amount of money for attachments. As far as the differences go, other than the hood, maybe the 4110 has a folding ROPS.
Just thought you'd like to know.
Brian

/ difference between 4100 & 4110? #5  
There may be a slight hydraulic flow increase on some of the newer models compared to the 4100, but I think the 4110 is nearly an identical replacement newer model of pretty much the same thing. A 4115 would clearly be a step up in power and hydraulic flow from the 4100.

All the attachments are the same between the two. They started painting the mower decks and other attachments green at about that time as the '10's came out. A yellow mower deck will make your machine look like a "classic".

Resale will probably be higher on the newer model.

- Rick

/ difference between 4100 & 4110? #6  
Still curious--does the 4100 have 3-point position control? I've never operated a 4100.

/ difference between 4100 & 4110? #8  
Sorry "bigpete", did not see your post until now....looks like our TBN brethren answered all of your questions. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ difference between 4100 & 4110?
If I buy a new deck for this machine from JD would it be yellow, or green?..Personally, I seem to like the lighter colored decks decks when mowing in low light conditions....but thats just me.

/ difference between 4100 & 4110?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hello bryant1313,
Welcome to TBN. It's funny I should say that 'cause I'm still pretty new too! Anyway, I just bought a 4100HST a few weeks ago and love it more and more each time I use it. Here's a list of what I got in the deal:
Model year 2001 John Deere 4100 HST w/ 912 hours (one owner), turf tires.
JD410 loader 61" bucket
JD ballast box
JD450 rototiller
JD413 rotary cutter
JD 54" front blade (modified to 72")w/quick-tatch
King Kutter 5' box blade
Frontier SP1060 pulverizer
4' York rake
I bought it for $10K from a private owner, not a dealer. I thought the number of hours was a little high, but the local dealer said "that's nothing to worry about." I'm not sure if the $8500 you're looking at is high, especially with the low hours, but you'll probably have to spend a certain amount of money for attachments. As far as the differences go, other than the hood, maybe the 4110 has a folding ROPS.
Just thought you'd like to know.
Brian )</font>

I did buy it, ended up getting it for $8200. First thing I checked on it was to make sure the clock was working and that the dash screws showed no signs of being removed. Overall, the unit is extremely clean and wear items like foot pedals etc all seem to be in check with the 69 hours it shows. I wish it had some attachments though like yours did when you got it. All of the one I found with attachments seemed to have alot more hours on them. I do not believe your 900 hours is too bad at all and yours is a decent package for the price. I guess I will not feel too bad buying stuff for this one since it has low enough hours....even if some of the accessories are brand new.