JD 4120 ordered: How'd I do?

/ JD 4120 ordered: How'd I do? #1  

woodstick

Tractor
JD 4120
JD 4120 ordered: How\'d I do?

After much reading on this forum, I've reached a deal with my local John Deere dealer in SW PA. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm getting a 4120 tractor with e-hydro,loaded R-4's, front and rear light kits, 400 CX self-leveling loader with 73" HD bucket and cutting edge, 448 backhoe with 12" bucket, and Landpride FDR2584 finish mower, for $33,300 total. I seriously looked at the 3520 and 3720, but I have lots of slopes to contend with and wanted the extra width provided by the 4120. I just hope I'm not sorry about the JD engine vs. Yanmar.

/ JD 4120 ordered: How'd I do? #2  
Re: JD 4120 ordered: How\'d I do?

My friend has a JD 4520 and it is awesome. You are going to love this tractor. All doubts will go away on arrival date.

So do you have to always remove the 3pt arms when attaching the BH. How easy/hard will that be?

Looks like a great setup!

/ JD 4120 ordered: How'd I do?
Re: JD 4120 ordered: How\'d I do?

Thanks, Mike.

The 3 point hitch arms do have to be removed for the hoe, but it looks to be an easy task. I'm now trying to decide what spacing to have the tires placed. I want them to be as wide as possible without getting past the cut of the 84" mower. I guess I'll ask the dealer about that; they should know. I just don't want to have to move loaded tires at home by myself later.

Some of the problems others have had and discussed here have caused my concern about the engine. However, the dealer seems to know his product line well, and has been in business a long time in our local area. This dealer is only the second closest to me (30 miles away), but the closest dealer (10 miles away) seemed unable to answer any detailed questions and other customers of his that I spoke with were unhappy with him. Therefore, at least for now, I believe that I purchased from the best semi-local JD dealer.

I've been told to expect delivery by the end of this month, so I've got to get my garage cleaned out by then. Next years project will be to build a larger garage!