3x20 cab versus 4x20 cab size?

/ 3x20 cab versus 4x20 cab size? #1  

bam747

Silver Member
Palmer Divide in El Paso County, Colorado
Tractor
John Deere 4720 (2007)
Has anyone seen a 4x20 cab next to a 3x20 cab? Are they the same or is the 4x20 cab bigger?

I'm a true big and tall guy (6'7" and 350+ lbs) and I do not fit in a 3x20 cab. I saw no room behind the seat to relocate it at all. It's pretty much a joke for me. But then again, pretty much nothing is built for me! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The 5x25 series cab is much larger and there is room to relocate the factory seat back and up quite a bit. It even looks like and easy modification. I've also sat in a 6x20 series cab which works OK, but I'd still need to relocate the seat back and up.

/ 3x20 cab versus 4x20 cab size? #2  
They do appear to be the same size cab on both tractors. I have the Cab Operational Video that came with my Cab Tractor... I wasl looking at them both very closely and I would say within inches they are basically the same exact cab... My last tractor John Deere 4200, had an aftermarket Jodale Perry Cab on it.... which is the best cab you can buy, that wasn't born at the factory where the JD is made. This cab had quite a bit more room than my new 3720 Cab... both in width, and more room behind the seat to slide back on... I used to keep quite a few tools behind my seat on my Jodale Perry, which I can't on my new cab... don't get me wrong, I love my new cab, it fits me perfect, although I'm only 5'-7"... It is a much nicer cab in every way, but it would be a little cramped for a guy of your stature...

/ 3x20 cab versus 4x20 cab size? #3  
Did you think about drilling new holes in the seat base and moving back that way? With my Kubota, I made some extenders out of flat stock that allowed me to move the seat back about 2 inches, which made a huge difference. Go look again and think about how you could mod the seat mount. Ask the sales guy or one of the techs about it. You might be surprized.

/ 3x20 cab versus 4x20 cab size? #4  
I really don't think you have enough room in the cab itself to push the seat back more than another inch or so, at least that is the way it is with my 3720.. when you have it back all the way, it is almost against the back partition of the cab... Like I was saying before if you look at my last tractor with the Jodale Perry Cab, you can see the cab extends back beyond the rear axle line of the tractor, where the 3720 cab stops at the rear axle line of the tractor... the cab itself is shorter, and more narrow than the last one I had.... But I love my new Cab, but I'm also not pushing 7 ft tall....