How WIDE is the 3320 or 3720 JD tractor

/ How WIDE is the 3320 or 3720 JD tractor #1  

Ramairfreak98ss

Silver Member
Tractor
Ferris/Simplicity/John Deere
It says theyre all 68" wide for the rear tire width, yet i saw a 65" box blade on the rear of a 3520 and it was wider than the rear R4 tires were?

/ How WIDE is the 3320 or 3720 JD tractor #2  
Did you measure the box blade to see what specifically was 65"? Could it have been an inside measurement, and not the outside?

/ How WIDE is the 3320 or 3720 JD tractor #3  
I don't know the answer, but I believe the 3120, 3320, 3520, and 3720 are all the same. And perhaps even the 2520.
I have a 6' box blade and a 665 tiller (65" wide). Both cover the tire tracks.

/ How WIDE is the 3320 or 3720 JD tractor #4  
If I remember correctly, 68" is the widest setting and can be achieved only with the R1 wheels. With the R4 the width is closer to 58". My 60" implements cover my tracks on my 3320 with R4 wheels and tires.

/ How WIDE is the 3320 or 3720 JD tractor #5  
Hi ramairfreak98ss,

The 3x20's are all the same width, but wheel widths at the outside could have as many as 8 configurations, depending on the tire & rim set-up...

Measurements are made to the center of rear tires (so add in that othere 1/2 width if you want outside measurements)

Narrowest are golf on the inside setting at 40.3 inches... widest the R-1 with the hub set up widest at 56.6 inches.

What you're doing with the machine determines how nimble or stable you want that machine to be... mostly folks should go as wide as possible for the extra stability, despite some loss in turning radius and accessibility to tight areas...

If implements are your question, 60" are too narrow to cover most (if not all), 65" sometimes are, 72" usually not...

Happy tractoring! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ How WIDE is the 3320 or 3720 JD tractor #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( .........Measurements are made to the center of rear tires (so add in that othere 1/2 width if you want outside measurements)............. )</font>

I think if you add one tire width to the 'center' width, you will get the outside width measurement.

/ How WIDE is the 3320 or 3720 JD tractor #7  
Depends.

Overall width is different for each tire choice and each rim type can be mounted in either normal or wide configuration.

Overall width with R1 tires is either 52.4" or 68.4" depending on how you mount the rims. R4 tires/rims min and max is less of a spread, 57.3" vs 58.9" for R4 15.00-19.5 tires.

There are many other combinations depending on tires and mounting choice.

/ How WIDE is the 3320 or 3720 JD tractor
so the R1 tires are 6" wider EACH tire than the R4s? I think ive only seen the "turf" tires and R4s on everything ive seen so far... not sure what the R1 is, the R4s stance seems pretty wide.

/ How WIDE is the 3320 or 3720 JD tractor #9  
No, the R1's are actually a narrower tire, but with more adjustment options available due to the fact they are narrower. The R4's being wider do not allow as much adjustment. With the tires in the fully narrow setting the tires are not fully under the rear fender while having little inner clearance, and if the rim centers had a high offset they would be completely outside the fender if inverted. Go to the JD site and download the owners manual, it show all the available positions, and then go by a dealer and just spend a little time looking and you will get a better understanding. If your dealer(s) do not have any of your choice of model, just look at others and even go to a competing dealer and just roam around looking at different configuraions.