LT 155 Opinions

/ LT 155 Opinions #1  

gizmo

Silver Member
Tractor
2002 JD990
I just picked up a LT155 and wanted to find out if any of you LT155 owners had opinions or things to watch for. I was rooting around on ebay for a lawn tractor to replace my old RX75 and saw a 2001 LT155 in nearly new condition right near my house. I picked it up for $1000. I will only be using it to cut grass and mulch leaves as I still have the 990 for big jobs.

/ LT 155 Opinions #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( saw a 2001 LT155 in nearly new condition right near my house. I picked it up for $1000. )</font>

You got a very good deal. I like the LT series as a lawn tractor. I have a 1995 LT166 that's been a real gem. I don't know of any special worries or issues. What deck does it have?

Cliff

/ LT 155 Opinions #3  
You got a great deal on it. I have a 2000 LT155 and it has been a great tractor for me. The past few months I have been looking to trade mine on one of the bigger Deere yard machines and have been consistently offered $1300-$1500 for it depending on the dealer. Mine has the Freedom42 mulching mower and couldn't have been happier with the cut quality and mulching performance. I particularly like how it grinds up dry leaves almost into dust in the fall. The only work I have done to it are the regular maintenance and a new set of belts last year. I cut about an acre and a half from mid April to October plus spray, fertilize, plug aerate, and haul all kinds of stuff with a utility cart.

/ LT 155 Opinions
Thanks for the replies. It has the 38" deck with the mulching kit. I ran it over some pine cones and sweetgum balls yesterday and they virtually disappeared. So far I'm really impressed. My yard has a lot of contour, so I have been looking for a mower with both power and a narrow deck. This thing fits the bill perfectly.

/ LT 155 Opinions #5  
What tranny does the LT155 have? Is it a rugged one (better than the tranny in the LA100 Series)? Is the Kohler engine adequate, or should I hold out for a model with the Kawasaki engine?