3320 attachment questions

/ 3320 attachment questions #1  

v8svo

Tractor
John Deere 3320
My wife and I have decided to buy a 3320 this coming week. We will be getting the 300CX loader (heavy bucket w/replacable cutter) and a box blade. One question is about the front blade, the dealer quoted us on a 366. I know that this blade can angle but I don't know how it attaches. Does it take the place of the bucket or does the entire loader come off and another front assembly have to be put on. I am hoping that it just replaces the bucket and can be switched easily. Is there a better way to go, for plowing snow? Can I also use it to move dirt and gravel?
We are also planning on getting a ballast box to use for the loader work. How much weight will I need to put in the ballast box? What should I use for weight?
Should I get the iMatch set up for the back? $244 for the tractor side and about $35 for each back attachment.
We will also be getting the engine coolant heater, is there anything else we need to consider buying with the tractor?
Sorry for so many questions but I don't want to make a mistake.
Thanks Kevin

/ 3320 attachment questions #2  
The box blade can replace the ballast box. It will probably weigh 400#+ and will be only slightly bigger than the ballast box. Get the I-match and make sure the box blade you get fits the I-Match. Once you have the I-match, make sure that every implement you buy in the future matches up. You will be glad you bought it.

Congrats on the new tractor.

/ 3320 attachment questions #3  
Congrats on the choice. The 366 is a front mount blade which will require the FEL to be removed during usage. Sounds like your looking 72 In. (1830 mm) Boom Mounted Front Blade BW15613 $1,320.00 list price on the JD web site. This will quick connect to the FEL boom to replace the bucket. Also I would have the dealer weld chain hooks on the bucket, find this handy. The Box blade will offer plenty of ballast, I would get the tires loaded also with the new Rim Guard.

Good luck

/ 3320 attachment questions #4  
Lost track of questions - the I-Match is great. Recently purchased one myself and would never go without it again. Save your back, implements are heavy and this makes it a snap to change devices.

/ 3320 attachment questions #5  
As stated, the 366 is a frame mounted blade, here is a
LINK to it on deere.com. JD does make a FEL mounted plow, as does CURTIS .
I prefer to use a ballest box vs. a implement on my tractor. It takes up alot less room than a 6' box blade hanging off the rear. Mine is filled with concrete.
ABSOLUTLY get the IMatch, just make sure any implements you buy now or in the future are compatible.

/ 3320 attachment questions #6  
If you go with the FEL mounted Jphn Deere blade you will want to get the hydraulic angling kit with it. The $1300 does not include the hydraulic cylinders but that price is list. Shoot for $1200-$1300 with the cylinders.

That being said you will want to add the hydraulic hard lines that are made for the 300CX. This is about a $300 option but will work for eany FEL option you buy that needs a valve.

Speaking of valves you will also want the JD 3rd valve. That will be about $220. It will give you a valve on the rear of the tractor. This will be where the 300CX valve connects too. You control this valve with a handle on the side.

I know it is $500 more but this setup by John Deere is very clean and works beautifully with what you are describing too us as a need.

I will also recommend a RB2072 rear blade if you are making some walking trails. It is very heavy duty and will be a geat addition to your work tools.

BTW - I also have a 3320 with the FEL front blade/plow. Check out the links in my sig to see some pictures of it. I also have a schematic of the loader lines there as well.

Have fun. You have picked a beautiful powerful tractor IMO.

/ 3320 attachment questions #7  
Get the extendable draft arms - can be really handy fro items that are not i-match compatible. I am about 50/50 on attachments that are imatch and not. Post hole digger, spray rig, trailer mover to name a few.

D.

/ 3320 attachment questions
Thank you very much folks. I am planning on ordering the tractor etc tomorrow and you have helped a great deal. I will go with a blade that mounts to the loader. I also will get the iMatch. I will check into the hard lines and the added valve.
Kevin