Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab?

/ Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab? #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
My wife and i were out mowing this morning with her on the 4720 with MX-6 and me in the 5525 cab with HX-15. I would let her mow with the cab tractor but she gets confused about the power reverser, size, etc, etc. I was thinking, why not swap the 4720 in for a 4720 cab. I came up with a couple reaons why not to do it:

1. Can't put a backhoe on it (Dont have one today, but I could be talked into one - but probably not a big deal).

2. Depreciation hit on current 4720 - bought it in June of 2005.

All my current stuff will work on the cab model. I was thinking I could pull my 400x loader off to save money, but I would like to have the 400CX. I can pull my imatch, etc, etc.

Comments, adviced?

Thanks,
D.

/ Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab? #2  
jcmseven has stolen ddivina's brain.
This is only an experiment for medical science.
Do Not Be Alarmed!

/ Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab? #3  
Oh boy !! Here we go /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab?
Uh oh...what did I get myself into?

D.

/ Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab? #5  
Buy a third tractor!! J/K

Too bad I am not around those boys more - plenty of good deals at their dealers!

/ Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab?
Don't tempt me...

D.

/ Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab? #7  
I really think this is an attempt to make me jealous. Insanely jealous. Anyway, You would take quite a hit by trading it in. Enough to make you mad at your dealer. Just remember, Why should he buy back your used tractor when he can get a brand new one from JD for cost. Your best bet is to try and sell it yourself (at a few K$ loss) and go work a deal with the dealer. My dealer would help me sell my tractor (show it) for 3-5% of the sale.
If the cost to upgrade wasn't so steep, I'd be driving the 4720 cab model too, but, My wife has my spine in a nice velvet lined box... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab? #8  
I have no clue how big the 4720 is. But, if the cab is the only difference, why can't you just add a cab to a tractor that is less than one year old?? Isn't a Cab just a bunch of support poles, plexiglass, hinges and door handles?

/ Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab? #9  
not hardly. At first it may appear so but there are changes all over the place.

/ Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab? #10  
One vote no! However, a canopy might be nice. After years of running backhoes with cabs I'm very happy NOT to have panes of dusty dirty light reflecting glass between me and my work. No more windows for me.

B