X585 pricing

/ X585 pricing #1  

hagman

Silver Member
Tractor
B7610 Kubota
Hello, I'm new to the compact tractor forum. I have a J.D. X 585 garden tractor and need to move up to a larger unit. My present one is a 2003 w/25 h.p. kawasaki mtr, hydro, 4/whl dr, 54 mulch deck and can accept a 3 pt hitch. Presently it has 210 hrs on it. Does anyone know what I should ask for it when selling it? I've been quoted $6500 trade in which tells me it's worth more outright. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="black"> </font>

/ X585 pricing
Hello, I'm new to the compact tractor forum. I have a J.D. X 585 garden tractor and need to move up to a larger unit. My present one is a 2003 w/25 h.p. kawasaki mtr, hydro, 4/whl dr, 54 mulch deck and can accept a 3 pt hitch. Presently it has 210 hrs on it. Does anyone know what I should ask for it when selling it? I've been quoted $6500 trade in which tells me it's worth more outright. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="black"> </font>

/ X585 pricing #3  
On ebay, a 2005 585 with 70 hours sold recently for $7575. The listing claimed the "blue book" value to be $9530.

Locally, I have seen 475's with similar hours going for $7500. I suspect you can do at least $1000 more on a private sale. At least here in NY, when you trade in on a new purchase, the sale price is lowered and you pay tax on the after-trade price. This can be worth an extra couple hundred bucks, depending on the sales tax rate. I ended up trading in for this reason and not having to list the machine for a private sale.

/ X585 pricing #4  
On ebay, a 2005 585 with 70 hours sold recently for $7575. The listing claimed the "blue book" value to be $9530.

Locally, I have seen 475's with similar hours going for $7500. I suspect you can do at least $1000 more on a private sale. At least here in NY, when you trade in on a new purchase, the sale price is lowered and you pay tax on the after-trade price. This can be worth an extra couple hundred bucks, depending on the sales tax rate. I ended up trading in for this reason and not having to list the machine for a private sale.

/ X585 pricing #5  
I would say mid 7's is a fair range for that machine. You might do better, or you might not. The one big problem you face is that JD keeps offering incentive programs on NEW tractors and mowers, which appeals to some buyers. The other problem is that L&G equipment is really moving slowly, especially here. I do not know your area's demographics, but the range $7200-7800 would cover most machines with those hours sold in this area.

John M

/ X585 pricing #6  
I would say mid 7's is a fair range for that machine. You might do better, or you might not. The one big problem you face is that JD keeps offering incentive programs on NEW tractors and mowers, which appeals to some buyers. The other problem is that L&G equipment is really moving slowly, especially here. I do not know your area's demographics, but the range $7200-7800 would cover most machines with those hours sold in this area.

John M