John Deere Credit

/ John Deere Credit #1  

Blee25

Tractor
2008 John Deere 5203 fwa loader, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1995ish Craftsman riding mower
I recently bought a JD 3320 and my first payment will be due shortly. My problem is they they have not sent me my payment book yet. I called JD credit and they told me they are still working on the paperwork and it will be there shortly, but may not be there in time for me to send in my first payment. I was told to send a check with my social secrity number written on it.

My question is, has anyone else had this same issue and was your payment recieved and credited to the correct account with just your ss number written on it?

Thanks

/ John Deere Credit #2  
I would try logging onto their online website if you can - that's how I make my payments. Should just need your account info and you can pay online. Hope this helps-

/ John Deere Credit #3  
I was told the same thing by my dealer. They told me that the paperwork would not be processed by the initial due date, BUT, they will still expect payment. Also -late fees would be assessed if late. I have already sent mine off, we'll se what happens.
Steve

/ John Deere Credit #4  
Hey Blee25,

Yep, that's JD credit...

SS# determines your account # with them, so that's why they're asking for it...

My dealer made 1st payment and I reimbursed him for it, but it should not be such a slow process as it is...

I understand they can assess finance charges & push you to a poorer interest rate if you miss that payment, so best to get it taken care of...

/ John Deere Credit #5  
My dealer somehow "postdated" the agreement so that JD had a couple extra weeks to do the paperwork on their side. Also, I believe you have a 10 day grace period, so you aren't immediately late.

What annoys me about JD is sometimes they hold my checks for 3-4 weeks before cashing them. You would think they need the money! I see those funds in my checking account, and I'm tempted to spend them! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ John Deere Credit #6  
I try and do everything through their on line site. Payments are much easier (no more holding checks) Also you can register your account long before any coupon books show up.

/ John Deere Credit
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I try and do everything through their on line site. Payments are much easier (no more holding checks) Also you can register your account long before any coupon books show up. )</font>

I wanted to register online, however they wanted my account number and i don't know my account number at this time.

How where you able to register or get your account number?

Thanks

/ John Deere Credit #8  
I'm suprised that JD can still get away with using your SS# as your account number (if that is really the case - I have no first hand knowledge of the issue).

I worked in the healthcare industry and that became a BIG no-no several years ago.

Scott

/ John Deere Credit #9  
JD just sent me a credit card, (revolving line of credit) to cover my 2520 purchase (0%/36mo). The account number has nothing to do with my SSN, but looks like any other credit card. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ John Deere Credit #10  
My JD revolving charge card number has nothing to do with SSN but on my tractor loan SSN is part of the account number.