I have made the decision to buy the 4520

/ I have made the decision to buy the 4520 #1  

Ryang

I have been bouncing around from orange to blue and have decided to buy Green. I own a Kubota L3400, but need to step up to a bigger tractor for mowing jobs. I would like any thoughts on the price I was quoted $27700.00 out the door for a 4520 with E-hydro, 400x with heavy duty bucket & toothbar, R-4 tires & a set of remotes. The dealer told me not to fill the tires, because the ride while mowing would be hard on me. I will remove the FEL and add weight to the front while mowing and then add the weight to the 5 ft heavy duty box blade for loader work. Does anyone have an opion on the tires filled? My L3400 has the tires filled on it. I will be purchasing the MX6 for $2185.00 out the door and after all of the reviews on the MX6 I thought it would do the job on the 20-30 acrer jobs with the help of my brother on my L3400 with a 5ft cutter. Once again thanks for all of the advise from the Orange & Blue forums. I will post pictures after I pick it up side by side the Orange.

Ryan

/ I have made the decision to buy the 4520 #2  
Congrats on the fine tractor choice. You are right to not load the R4's if your primary task is mowing. That bucket is relatively small and a box blade or mower on the back is a sufficient counterweight. I would forget about removing the whole loader while mowing and just remove the bucket which is a snap on these JDs and gives you almost as good visibility while keeping some weight on the front.

/ I have made the decision to buy the 4520 #4  
I really liked my 4520. It was a little big for my needs, but a great machine nonetheless. I personally WOULD load the tires. It really does not cause that much ground compaction and would help you in other circumstances. The 4000 series machines are heavy anyway, so making them a big heavier to add some stability is no big deal. I hope you like your machine. It will be really nice.

John M