Price Check JD online and JD dealer pricing

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #11  
I'd say keep looking around cause I didn't pay anything close to the price off of the JD website. I went to 2 places. First one quoted me list (same as the JD website). It was a local JD Farm dealer. He sent me away and suggested a dealership that specialized in lawn tractors. He said they would get them first and be able to provide me a better deal anyhow. Strange as this seems, I went there, ordered a 2520 for $4K off of list plus they gave me $5500 for my 99 JD455. They also delivered for free on a Saturday. Look around. It'd be worth your time.

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing
:D
I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for all the great advise you gave. Your replies helped me a great deal with my decision.

Even though I could really use the 2305 at this time, I'm holding onto my shovel, pitch fork, wheel barrel and money. The former implements will need to work a bit longer.

I'm waiting for the end of the 3rd quarter. Hopefully some of the dealers here in NE will need this to make their sales quotas and might be more willing to deal.

My grand dad taught me that there's a price where all parties can say that they got a good deal, a price that everyone is satisfied with. It's not hard to get to the price if all willing to deal.

What I have experienced in my current purchase attempts is that most saleman want to make their yearly earnings from one or two sales.
On a 2305 sale, this is impossible.

Again, thanks to everyone for their advice. If I find a dealer out here, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

JD dealers need to keep in mind that there is always NewHolland, Kubotas or Masseys as well.

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #13  
When you get back to shopping be sure to factor some things:

Deere used to have significantly higher MSRP than they now list. Discounts will be less than they once were.

The 2305 is a 'value' machine and likely to be discounted less than 'deluxe' machines.

The northeast dealers are generally known to be MSRP and sometimes MSRP+

Dutch445 is a regular here, and will give you a straight honest quote, if you need to get a comparison... He's kinda ugly, though. :)