Price Check JD online and JD dealer pricing

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #1  

newatthis

As you can judge by my signon I am new at this.

I was ordering a JD 2305 online. Price came to 15,595.00 for the unit with 200CX FEL and 62" MMM. Shipping was free to the dealer and an additional $45.00 to my residence. I noticed that setup was included in the JD Online prices.
Is this paid the JD corporate or is this the amount JD allows for the dealer?
If I have the unit deliverd to my residence, would the dealer be involved?

I went to the dealer expecting a better deal, duh!
Dealer price was higher and I was charged just shy of $500.00 for shipping.
The dealer then subtracted the shipping as my discount.
Is this normal practice when purchasing from dealers? or should I be looking for another JD dealer?

I read most all of the comments on the 2305. It is exactly what I need.
Most of the pricing threads from the members stated that they paid between $13,500 - $14,500. When I show these to the local JD dealer he laughs and says that someone is pulling someone elses leg.

Are these prices for the base unit only or do these prices include the attachments as well?

Thanks!

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #2  
Hi newatthis,

Sounds like the salesperson knows your handle:p;)!

Where are you located? Have you gotten quotes/done research from other dealers & brands?

If you are not knowledgeable about features, attachment costs & quotes on a variety of models in your class range, do a bit of research before heading to haggle.

If you can "sell the salesman" that you are a guy buying a tractor today, know what it's worth, and he has one shot to make the sale or send you down the road, you will find out their character and bottom line there... some salesmen/dealers legitimately do not care about moving more units--they want maximum $ per sales I guess.:confused:

"Let the buyer beware"... know what you are buying, and what its worth, before you spend time with a salesperson.

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #3  
WOW Interesting idea. To be able to see pricing on line. It happens with cars these days but didn't know any dealer did it.
I know someone will disagree with me, but I think its great to be able to sit at home, and do the shopping, ultimately going to see it in person.
I think many people dint get out and look, because of the dealer pressure etc.
No different than the car dealers.Except now you can see what the prices are about.
Good luck and let us know how it works out.
Al

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #4  
Find another dealer. This guy is trying to charge full sticker. the website shows MSRP, which is equal to full sticker price on a car.

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #5  
When I bought my JD 110 TLB last December the dealer charged me about 20% less than the website. This was a bit higher than I have seen other people buy them for, but dealer service has been excellent.

Of course, this is a much higher priced machine than you are talking about. But you should still pay less than the website says. Keep your money in your pocket for a while.

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #6  
Your profile does not show your location. If you are close to a state line, you can save another 5-8% by buying out of state. I do NOT recommend buying hundreds of miles away. However, if the state line is within 30 miles and the dealer you are considering is also within the same 30 miles, does it really matter which direction you drive? Do a search on the JD site for some other dealers. Be advised that some dealers are listed as AG dealers and some are not. Depending on how you search, a local dealer may or may not pop up.

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #7  
One thing to keep in mind is sometimes prices on tractorbynet are super super good. I know when I bought my 3320 I was sure of the price I wanted and that was 20% off list. On a new tractor I was nowhere near these prices local here in IL. I was very pissed at my dealers here because of this. It was not until I bought a leased tractor with 46 hours on it that I got to 25% off list. Just so you know 20% off is not common - and even now 10-12% off is a great deal. Do not let this site set you up with unrealistic pricing expectations like they did me. Find a good dealer and a price you can afford and like and do not look back.

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #8  
I have posted in several threads that I am being quoted approx 8% off list and that price includes all freight and installation on several things from my dealer. Other dealers are quoting about 6-7% off list. This pricing includes stock items and items that had to be ordered.

15-20% off JD list means the dealer is desperate to get rid of something sitting on his lot. beware of model years or the age of an item.

Example: Gators are now in thge 2006 model year and the 2007's will be introduced within 60 days. There are still some 2005 models available. Make sure a great deal is not something that is already 2 years old.

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #9  
gordon21 writes:

>I have posted in several threads that I am being quoted approx 8% off list and that price includes all freight and installation on several things from my dealer. Other dealers are quoting about 6-7% off list. This pricing includes stock items and items that had to be ordered.

15-20% off JD list means the dealer is desperate to get rid of something sitting on his lot. beware of model years or the age of an item.<

Really. Hmm. I was just quoted a price of $34968 (that's total delivered to my property tax included in Alabama) for a new 4720 w/cab and FEL. According to my calculations that is close to 15% off of web site list. He told me that the tractor would take approx 2-3 weeks until delivery, so it is apparently not on the lot. My only problem is trying to figure out how to make the payments. :eek:

Point being is that pricing can vary greatly due to geographic region. Some people are just going to be in a better location for pricing on a given machine period.

/ JD online and JD dealer pricing #10  
If you got 15% off list and that price included all freight, setup, etc, then you can brag you got a great deal. Because you did.