Price Check 2520 Pricing

/ 2520 Pricing #1  

SteelDust

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1533
First of all, thanks to all for making this site an invaluable resource for research. Background on me. 8 acres, 4 horses, tractor will be used for mowing, spraying, loader work, grading gravel, keeping brush under control. I'd like to have something that could handle round bales or large squares (900#) but,think something that size is out of my price range.

On Monday, I was quoted $17,700 out the door, tires filled, delivered for a 2520 with 200CX loader and R4's. LX4 brush hog was $900 more, but I've decided I prefer the Land Pride BH sold by the Kubota dealer.

2320 with loader and r4's was $15,700.

Kubota dealer quoted me right around $16k for a B7610 with loader (OTD, filled, delivered also). Pricing being about the same on the Kubota, I'd rather go green. I like the feel and ergonomics of the Deere better. Before I purchase I'd like to look at the Massey CUT's also.

Does that pricing seem about right? Looks to be about 9% lower than list (Probably closer to 10-11% lower than list taking filling of tires and deliver into consideration). And in your opinions, is the 2520 worth the extra $2K, based on what I need?

Thanks.

/ 2520 Pricing #2  
Welcome, enjoy the shopping. I just got my new 2520 about a month ago, and am impressed with it. It sounds like the price you have is in the ballpark, my final price was about 12% of the comparator price, for the 2520/200cx/46bh/54"blade with hydraulics.
This is a nice unit, I am sure you'll appreciate its capabilities. I think you will be happy to have the extra hp and hydraulic capablity that the 2520 offers.

/ 2520 Pricing
Thanks for the info.

Last night I started poking around online and looking though the literature a bit more. I'm thinking that maybe the 990 with the 300CX loader might be the better way to go, should only be $1500 more than the 2520 with 40HP and superior loader capacity? I'm not adverse to shifting in the least and, I'm not making a living with this so a couple of seconds here and there while running the loader isn't a big deal. (Plus, there seems like a lot more plastic trim to break on the 2520) They list the 300CX loader as capable of 11xxlbs 500mm past pivot point. That seems right in the ball park to lift 800-900lb bales with filled tires and some ballast.

Does anyone have a 990 that moves large bales with it?

/ 2520 Pricing #4  
I paid $17,500 for a 3320 with 46 hours on it in October 2005. Hydro, R4s, 300X, auto cruise upgrade, and mid pto all included from a local dealer here in no deals IL. That seems like a lot of money for the 2320 and 2520 models in my mind. I am not versed in list on these two models so maybe it is good. I have seen the two models though and would not trade at all for the difference in price. I use my 3320 85% of the time to mow my 6 acres and LOVE it for mowing. Tilling, loading, and grading the rest of the time - and also to take care of the snow on my lane. I would not like a smaller machine for a few hundred less for the snow alone.

Sorry for thread dumping but just want you to check a little more and try and review your options.

BTW - I know the 300CX can move large bales according to the loader doc (but there are tons of restrictions on them including size and weight) but really I think large bales command a 4X20 size machine - and preferably with the self leveling 400CX. Too risky and you only make one mistake with them.

/ 2520 Pricing #5  
Given your location on the I-5 corridor you have so many options within an easily drivable distance. The only thing that I will say is that once you do some loader work or tight mowing with a hydrostatic you will be won over. I'm very happy that I didn't go with a gear driven and if I trade up my resale will be far easier. I envy all the dealer locations that you have to choose from.

/ 2520 Pricing
FortClatsop said:
Given your location on the I-5 corridor you have so many options within an easily drivable distance. The only thing that I will say is that once you do some loader work or tight mowing with a hydrostatic you will be won over. I'm very happy that I didn't go with a gear driven and if I trade up my resale will be far easier. I envy all the dealer locations that you have to choose from.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, there area lot of dealer options in this area. Kubota and Deere within 10 min of the house. Massey, another Deere, another Kubota dealer within 30. Also, a Kioti, Branson, and gray market dealer all within 45 min. Only missing NH which I could order though the local farm supply store here but no local dealer support.

I don't forsee much tight mowing, all mowing will consist of running the brush hog over 5 acres of pasture to knock down what wasn't eaten after rotation. No finish mowing or tight places. The "lawn" is only 1/4 acre and I have a rider for the tight areas. The hydro would be nice for loader work but, hydro and 1100#+ loader capacity are mutually exclusive with my budget (and haven't seen a good used deal in over a year of looking). The 990 is already a bit over what I've budgeted for but, still doable. I also figure that guys were using gear drives for decades and most small outfits around here still do. I've also become leary of hydro as a buddies 3320 has been back to the dealer a few times now for problems relating to that system. However, I haven't seen many complaints on here.

As far as trading in....that's why I'm researching now. Buying anything new and trading in less than 5 years, IMO, is a poor financial decision. I can't for see ever needing more than 26 HP for 8 acres. 3 of which is in timber, rocked, or lawn. There's a law of diminishing returns in there somewhere. :D The only reason I'm even considering the 990 is because of it's ability to move a large square bale from the trailer to the barn. But, should that not work out, I'll just continue to push rounds out of my pickup and muscle the feeder over them.

/ 2520 Pricing #7  
Steeldust, I paid $16000. even for a B2630 Kubota which is Kubotas equivelent of the John Deere 2520. This was with a LA403 loader and filled rear tires (R4's) and delivered. Since you are looking at the Kubotas also, you may want to take a look at the B2630, it has stronger hydraulics that the 2520 and also 3 range transmisson. The price on the Deere seems high to me, I would look at another John deere dealer and get a quote to see which one wants your business the most. Either the Deere or Kubota will make you a good tractor. Good luck in your decision !

/ 2520 Pricing
BCNU said:
Steeldust, I paid $16000. even for a B2630 Kubota which is Kubotas equivelent of the John Deere 2520. This was with a LA403 loader and filled rear tires (R4's) and delivered. Since you are looking at the Kubotas also, you may want to take a look at the B2630, it has stronger hydraulics that the 2520 and also 3 range transmisson. The price on the Deere seems high to me, I would look at another John deere dealer and get a quote to see which one wants your business the most. Either the Deere or Kubota will make you a good tractor. Good luck in your decision !

I'm thinking, like everything else, prices are a little higher here on the "left coast". Two Kubota dealers near me came in at just over $16,000 OTD for the B7610, with loader, filled R4s, delivered. (I didn't have them quote me for a 2630 after I got that quote). As I understand it the 7610 is eqiv to the JD 2320 which I was quoted $15,700 on making the JDs cheaper than the Kubotas. :confused:

The closest 2 Deere dealers to me are owned by the same family, I don't think they'll undercut each other by much, the other two "near" me (and closer to Seattle where everything is even more money) both quoted higher prices than the ones I listed here.

/ 2520 Pricing #9  
SteelDust said:
Thanks for the info.

Last night I started poking around online and looking though the literature a bit more. I'm thinking that maybe the 990 with the 300CX loader might be the better way to go, should only be $1500 more than the 2520 with 40HP and superior loader capacity? I'm not adverse to shifting in the least and, I'm not making a living with this so a couple of seconds here and there while running the loader isn't a big deal. (Plus, there seems like a lot more plastic trim to break on the 2520) They list the 300CX loader as capable of 11xxlbs 500mm past pivot point. That seems right in the ball park to lift 800-900lb bales with filled tires and some ballast.

Does anyone have a 990 that moves large bales with it?
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84377