70A loader vs. 52 model

/ 70A loader vs. 52 model #1  

fancsco

In my quest to purchase an JD855 with a loader, I have noticed that there are two models of loaders out there. A
70A and a 52. The 52 looks more sustanial. Is there any other differences.

/ 70A loader vs. 52 model #2  
I had the 52 loader on my first 855 that came out in 1986. The loader was built heavy enought but is not nearly as convenient with respect to attaching and detaching compared to the 70A loader which I had on a later model 855. The 52 loader has separate parking stands that must be installed to remove the loader. They stay clipped to the loader frame when not in use. There is turnbuckle apparatus that clamps to the 4" tube that runs through the center frame of the tractor. The 70A loader incorporates the loader stands into the frame of the loader. You simply hook up the hydraulic lines, and using the hydraulic control lever, the loader lifts itself into position and you pull a locking lever and your done. On the 52 loader you have to shackle the loader to the 4" tube using the turnbuckle and then place your loader stands in the loader frame. The 52 loader is a quality loader but it does take longer to attach and detach. I think the 70A will have a better resale value down the road and would recommend it over the 52. On the other hand, if the price of the 52 is considerably less than the 70A then it may be worth it. It also depends on how often you plan to attach and detach your loader. I only like my loader on when I am in need of the loader. For all other jobs I take it off immediately. But if your one who only uses a loader a few times a year, or leaves it on, then the extra time to attach the 52 over the 70A may not be that big of deal.

/ 70A loader vs. 52 model #3  
I have a 955 with a 70A loader. I know nothing about the 52 loader. I leave mine on all the time, I use it in all four seasons. My bucket is a little on the light side, it could be built a bit heavier. loader break out force leaves something to be desired, too. Overall, I'm happy with it, works out good in our application.

/ 70A loader vs. 52 model #4  
I have a 955 with a 70A loader. I know nothing about the 52 loader. I leave mine on all the time, I use it in all four seasons. My bucket is a little on the light side, it could be built a bit heavier. loader break out force leaves something to be desired, too. Overall, I'm happy with it, works out good in our application.

Paul