Comments 2320 vs 2210

/ Comments 2320 vs 2210 #1  
Comments on New 2320:

As a bit of background, I have owned two different John Deere 2210’s and collectively put nearly 200 hours on those machines and now have only 12-hours on my 2320, but there are some differences worthy of mentioning in my opinion.

PROS

1. The larger tires do provide a much more comfortable ride and they don’t flex nearly the same as the tires on a 2210 with a similar load and correct air pressure.

2. The slightly larger stance does provide a more comfortable experience loading materials, i.e., the 2210 can get upset very quickly and the 2320 is planted on the ground much nicer.

3. The position control value on the 3-point is extremely nice and works exceptionally well for all three point applications.

4. I really like the transmission cooler on the front and the machine and folding ROPS.

5. The drive over deck is a very nice feature, plus it’s easy to hook up since there is more room between the deck and transmission.

6. I do like the overall ground clearance of this machine, lowest point ~10.5”.

7. The machine handles the loader very well and I would estimate the quickness to be a 20% improvement, plus it dumps/ back blades using the bucket very well.

8. Split brakes are extremely nice and help in controlling traction.

9. The turning radius is extremely good and grossly exceeds my expectations.

10. I do like the instrument panel (would like a temp gauge), but you have lamps to let you know if the parking brake is on as well as 4WD.

CONS

1. I wish the machine had either 3-ranges of hydro or a lower high range. That is, the machine will fly in high range, but it doesn’t like inclines nearly like the 2210 in high range and you either need to go slow in high range or shift to low. Just wish there was something in between, but overall OK.

2. I HATE the smaller diesel opening to add fuel and for the life of me don’t understand why Deere insist on putting the fuel tank over the hood as opposed to the rear end over the wheels.

3. I do have a front blade and I’m now know you must remove brackets which support the mower and then I must install the quick hitch bracket to use the blade, so the concept of “quick attach” is not completely true and this was a breeze on my old 2210.

4. The manual is poorly put together in terms of Deere taking time to make sure it's correct before sending it out.

Overall Comparison between the 2320 and 2210.

I consider the power plant to be equal between the machines which they are on paper, but I do like the “refinements” of the 2320, i.e., larger wheels/tires, position control, transmission cooler, folding ROPS, cruise control, and overall size, because it plants itself a bit better than a smaller machine in terms of loader work as well as having something hooked to the rear. In short, I don’t see the 2320 to be “that much more tractor”, but rather a much more refined unit with some bigger tractor features and stability.

/ Comments 2320 vs 2210 #3  
JD,

Nice review. Thanks for the write-up! . . . I wonder what machine we'll have you comparing next . . . a TLB or a 3720 cab?

/ Comments 2320 vs 2210 #4  
johndeere_2320 said:
Comments on New 2320:

As a bit of background, I have owned two different John Deere 2210’s and collectively put nearly 200 hours on those machines and now have only 12-hours on my 2320, but there are some differences worthy of mentioning in my opinion.

PROS

1. The larger tires do provide a much more comfortable ride and they don’t flex nearly the same as the tires on a 2210 with a similar load and correct air pressure.

2. The slightly larger stance does provide a more comfortable experience loading materials, i.e., the 2210 can get upset very quickly and the 2320 is planted on the ground much nicer.

3. The position control value on the 3-point is extremely nice and works exceptionally well for all three point applications.

4. I really like the transmission cooler on the front and the machine and folding ROPS.

5. The drive over deck is a very nice feature, plus it’s easy to hook up since there is more room between the deck and transmission.

6. I do like the overall ground clearance of this machine, lowest point ~10.5”.

7. The machine handles the loader very well and I would estimate the quickness to be a 20% improvement, plus it dumps/ back blades using the bucket very well.

8. Split brakes are extremely nice and help in controlling traction.

9. The turning radius is extremely good and grossly exceeds my expectations.

10. I do like the instrument panel (would like a temp gauge), but you have lamps to let you know if the parking brake is on as well as 4WD.

CONS

1. I wish the machine had either 3-ranges of hydro or a lower high range. That is, the machine will fly in high range, but it doesn’t like inclines nearly like the 2210 in high range and you either need to go slow in high range or shift to low. Just wish there was something in between, but overall OK.

2. I HATE the smaller diesel opening to add fuel and for the life of me don’t understand why Deere insist on putting the fuel tank over the hood as opposed to the rear end over the wheels.

3. I do have a front blade and I’m now know you must remove brackets which support the mower and then I must install the quick hitch bracket to use the blade, so the concept of “quick attach” is not completely true and this was a breeze on my old 2210.

4. The manual is poorly put together in terms of Deere taking time to make sure it's correct before sending it out.

Overall Comparison between the 2320 and 2210.

I consider the power plant to be equal between the machines which they are on paper, but I do like the “refinements” of the 2320, i.e., larger wheels/tires, position control, transmission cooler, folding ROPS, cruise control, and overall size, because it plants itself a bit better than a smaller machine in terms of loader work as well as having something hooked to the rear. In short, I don’t see the 2320 to be “that much more tractor”, but rather a much more refined unit with some bigger tractor features and stability.

No Doubt the 2210 was a great machine and probably has a good demand for used ones. I wonder if the machine will perform for you once some more hours or the first hydrolic fluids & oil change. I would think it will perfom better, at least thats what I thought when my machine had some hours on it....Did you have a loader on the 2210 and do you have one for the 2320 - how do they compare?

/ Comments 2320 vs 2210
I have the same 200CX loader on my 2320, which came off the 2210. The 2320 is quicker and more responsive and I would estimate 20% across the board faster in all aspects.

/ Comments 2320 vs 2210 #6  
JohnDeere2320,

If I'm Not Mistaken,There Is Now A Bracket Available From JD To
Address The Bracket Swapinng Problem For Mower And Front Blade:LVB24899
is the JD Bundle # Approx $100.00 +/-.

/ Comments 2320 vs 2210
JDCOMPACTMAN said:
JohnDeere2320,

If I'm Not Mistaken,There Is Now A Bracket Available From JD To
Address The Bracket Swapinng Problem For Mower And Front Blade:LVB24899
is the JD Bundle # Approx $100.00 +/-.

Thanks for the note and I will check on it this week. I know that part LVB24899 is needed to use OnRamp mowers and the front hitch for the 2520, but unsure if that same one or a different one will work on the 2320, but I will be checking, thanks again :D

/ Comments 2320 vs 2210 #8  
Hi Nice review but pls quote the diff in prices on the two thanx Jack