2210 vs 2320, need facts...

/ 2210 vs 2320, need facts... #1  

megotatractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2210
thinking of trading my 2210 for a 2320 for a couple reasons; the rough ride on my bumpy yard and the slow loader while freezing in the snow. Anyone with experience on both machines on the same property ?? I need to know that the larger tires will smooth the bumps and that the loader is significantly faster? And was it worth the extra money you no doubt had to throw in on trade? I havent seen a 2320 in person yet, dealer is supposed to get one in a couple of weeks.

/ 2210 vs 2320, need facts... #2  
So here are the facts. I have a 3320 with R4s and can still feel the bumps in my yard. Get a rear rake/blade and start smoothing her out. Only benefit here on a 3320 and 2320 is cruise control - no bouncing the hydro pedal.

Everthing is going to be slow in a Minnesota winter! You boys get some cold cold weather. I do not have an issue with my loader in the IL winter.

Your 2210 is an awesome machine - sure a 2320 will be a bit better ergonomically, but in my opinion not worth the cost of admission. Buy implements and a garage/shop heater.

/ 2210 vs 2320, need facts... #3  
I have owned a 2210 for nearly 4-years and used a 2320 on the same property for approximately 2-months before switching back to my former 2210. The 2320 has some advantages, namely faster loader, fit/finish with three point position control, nice dash, etc over the 2210. However, my primary interest in a CUT is mowing around my property and I just like the 2210 better, because it responses much closer to a Garden Tractor and I felt the 2320 crossed the line in that you begin to feel more tractor features and less mowing features. This is not to imply the 2320 doesn't mow well, but rather the 2210 feels much more nimble, so IMO there is a trade off and for me, I had to make a decision as to which side the fence I wanted to play. Now, my decision would have been easy to keep the 2320 if I felt the 2210 couldn't perform (loader, tiller, etc.,), but that's simply not the case and smaller cousin does have attitude, so I keep it as opposed to the 2320. However, if I decide to move forward again it will be much further up the chain, so comparing the two will be more "apples to oranges" as compared to two machine back-to-back in the line up.

/ 2210 vs 2320, need facts... #4  
I recently went from a sub-cut to a 2320. I did not have a 2210, I had the Cub sub-cut, the 5234D. I had terrible luck with the 5234D, but that is another story. I agree with johndeere 2210 regarding mowing with a sub-cut, the sub-cut feels more nimble while mowing but my 2320 feels more stable mowing sideways on slopes. When shopping for my new tractor to replace the problem prone Cub I narrowed the choices down to the 2305 or the 2320. I had the dealer bring both and park them side by side and I compared/tested both. The 2305 would have been enough tractor but the added ground clearance, the better positioned hydro filter, no plastic hydro cooling fan issue, and true cat 1 3pt hitch (with higher lift capacity I believe), sold me on the 2320. The 200cx loader does the job and the 62D OnRamp MMM gives me a nice cut and is so easy to remove and re-install (which is another reason I went for the 2320). :D

/ 2210 vs 2320, need facts... #5  
Hard said:
and the 62D OnRamp MMM gives me a nice cut and is so easy to remove and re-install (which is another reason I went for the 2320). :D

Is it hard to reach the mid pto when you put the deck on? It looked to me like it was designed for "Rubber Man"!

/ 2210 vs 2320, need facts... #6  
turbo36 said:
Is it hard to reach the mid pto when you put the deck on? It looked to me like it was designed for "Rubber Man"!

I find it to be easier to get to than the Cub mid pto.

/ 2210 vs 2320, need facts... #7  
turbo36 said:

Gumby flexibility is universal with all mfg's - LOL!! I havent seen a machine of these types being any easier over the other

/ 2210 vs 2320, need facts...
I am thinking you guys are right, the difference is not worth the bucks. trouble is the bumpy-est part of my yard is on a slope and trying to grade it and seed it and get grass to grow before gullies wash out in the rain may not be worthwhile either. I'm thinking of trying a lawn roller. A 48" x 24"dia roller filled with water weighs 900 lbs and cost $200 + $200 shipping. (????) I kinda choke when I think of shipping costs that are more than the item! I may try knocking the worst of the rollies and mounds down with my rear mount tiller set shallow. As for snow I am considering a front blade to speed things up, perhaps a soft cab too. Got 250 hours on her, looks like I got more work to do...

/ 2210 vs 2320, need facts... #9  
Have you upgraded the seat on your 2210? I changed mine out with a seat from the X series line. It makes a night & day difference in the ride. There are several posts here about changing the seat. I have a soft cab, a front blade for lighter snows & a front blower for heavy snows. This setup works out very well for me.

/ 2210 vs 2320, need facts... #10  
Megotatractor:

If you can do with less weight, Sears sells a pin type hitch one (For garden tractors - would easily fit in the drawbar holes on the 2210) 500lb+ roller for somewhere over $100 with no shipping. I need to pick up one soon to flatten out some areas. They sell plastic and steel ones.