Price Check JD 1070 with attachments Pricing

/ JD 1070 with attachments Pricing #1  

FVT55

Hello out there.

I am thinking of buying a 1997 JD 1070. Low hours - under 100. Comes with loader and backhoe (neither used), and roto tiller. Any thoughts on what this rig is selling for these days?

/ JD 1070 with attachments Pricing #2  
I'm surprised that a few of the old hands here on the forum didn't take a crack at this post ---
Nonetheless, here's my take; along with a few questions to better dial in a price.

Is the 1070 4WD? That will jump the price up about $3K above a 2WD model. Good sheetmetal, good tires, no visible leaks, no clutch and tranny glitches -- $12K for a low hour 4WD model.

Why so few hours? Is that really accurate? For that year model; with average use by a small acreage landowner, you'd expect something on the order of 75-100 hrs./year. So, 700-850 hrs would seem more likely.

What model loader? JD 440 or JD 80? The 440 has the quik-tatch bucket and is worth more. Both FEL's are about the same lift capacity. No breaks or welds, good hyd hoses and dry cylinders, bucket in good shape and/or heavy duty bucket -- $1.5K/2.0K for the 440 and $1.2K/1.8K for the model 80.

What model backhoe? JD 8 or 8A or 8B? The 8B is the newest model and is worth more. Same as the FEL. Look for welds or breaks, dry cylinders and no nicks, gouges in the cylinder rams, and the bucket condition. If you operate the FEL and the BH; pay attention to sloppiness or free-play in the boom or FEL loader arms --- i.e. pin-wear. Low use; low hour model 8A-B BH is worth $4.0K/$5.0K. The model 8 is probably gonna be $3-4 hundred less.

What model roto-tiller? JD 660? No leaking seals or broken or bent tines? No chain slop or clicking against the case housing when turning? If it's in good/great condition and low hrs. a 660 is worth $1.5/2.0K.

Now, like all free advice, you have to take it with a grain of salt. Tractors; like anything you buy, is only worth what somebody else will pay for it.

And depending upon where you live --- what you'll pay is quite a bit different.

Hope this helps. AKfish

/ JD 1070 with attachments Pricing #3  
AK, this was the less popular of a double post, shoulda been deleted but dont know the policy bout dat.