3320 Questions

/ 3320 Questions #1  

RFB

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740HSTC3; B3000HSDCC
Sirs,

I currently own a Kubota L5030 HSTC, and "Household 6" likes it very much to the point of talking about missing out on all the fun when I am using it.

I am considering a tractor for her, and she likes the size profile of the Kubota B3030 HSDC (cab with hydro trans).

I have zero knowledege regarding John Deere, but in perusing their site, I see a model 3320 that seems like a close comparison to the B3030.

Are there any Deere 3320 owners here that could give me their perspective of the 3320, and a knowledgeable comparison to the B3030? (I am not trolling for a "mine is better" type post.)

Intended use will be light FEL use, front-mount snow blade or blower work, 3 pt rough mowing/brush cutting, maybe some light tilling. All with A/C and heat :)

Thanks

/ 3320 Questions #2  
Probably not much help, but I looked at most of the different brands before buying mine (3320 cab). Most were cheaper, and a few were built a little heavier. The Kabota was a toss up, but the Deere seemed to be easier to change the loader, (don't use it much but it's only a 5-10 min hookup when I do). Small things like that made the choice for me.

/ 3320 Questions #3  
You might want to take a look at the 2520 as well. I know the total HP is off a couple (26.5 v. 30) but from just looking at the Kubota specs, the 2520 seems also to match up pretty well to the B3030 (overall size, hydraulics, loader capacity, top speed, to name a few). I'm not familiar w/ the 3000 series pricing, but suspect the 2520 would also be closer to the B3030 price point.

As the proud new pappa of a 2520, I was very impressed w/ its specs.

Happy shopping.

/ 3320 Questions #4  
Hi:

I have a 3320 (also a 2305). Both great machines. I can't compare it to a Kubota but I use it for loading, mowing, some brush cutting, Implement (Box/grader/landscape rake) work, etc. I have the larger R4's (loaded, maybe an extra 940lbs). They don't dig up the grass much except if you turn sharp the front tires will (or if your in 4wd). I have the 7 Iron 72" MMM. If I was doing it over again I'd consider a RFM since the dealer lent me one while I was waiting for my MMM and the cut quality was superb and it was a lot easier to manuver than I would have anticipated. The MMM is great, but it's still 'low hanging fruit' if you want to do anything rough. It's a little more work to take off than the 62" MMM on the 2305. Still reasonably quick, but if I was taking it on and off every week I'd use a RFM instead.

I take it you are looking for a cab tractor due to your AC/Heat comment. I would go with the 3520 if I was getting a cab. The reason (Nobody advertises this) is that with all the extra stuff to support a cab (A/C compressor, larger Alternator, etc.) you are going to grab a few HP off of the engine as compared to a non-cab model run run that stuff. (The A/C compressor even when not running still produces a tiny bit of drag from the clutch), when running it can be significant.

I think you'll love the 3320. I still would prefer a mechanical hydro (like my 2305) over the E-Hydro but you do get used to it pretty quickly and the cruise and loadmatch is nice.

I have the 300CX loader with the 62? (Maybe 61)" HD bucket with replacable edge. It works well also and has plenty of lifting capacity.

Anyway, my two cents.

/ 3320 Questions
Cab is an absolute. I will not buy a tractor without: 1. A hydro trans 2. A cab with heat and A/C.

I have banged big diesel gears for many years, and love auto tranny's in my cars and tractor. Too bad they (major mfg's like JD and Kubota) do not make tractors in the 75 Hp range with hydros, but it seems like they are sneaking up as time goes by.

Although I use R1's on my 5030, we will probably go with R4's on the new one (3320 or 3030).

I need to get me to a JD dealer to actually sit in one.

Thanks so far for the input; keep it coming.

/ 3320 Questions #6  
RFB,

Mike is correct (see previous post) that the B303 is much closer in specs to the 2520. I understand that you need a cab - which means that the 3320 is the smallest Deere unit you can compare it to. Just remember that the 3320 is a slightly larger, and much heavier tractor than the B3030. Also, Deere feels that the 32.5 hp (3320) is the smallest engine they want to put a cab on - which is why the 29.5 (3120) does not have a cab offered.

Here are some numbers for you to crunch...

3320 Cab - 32.5 hp Direct-Injected Diesel; 11.8 gal Fuel Tank; 3 Range eHydro transmission w/TwinTouch pedals; Helical Gear Final Drive; Open Center Hydraulic System with 13.9 gpm total flow; 2,200# three-point lift capacity @ 24" behind link ends; OSHA, SAE & CSA certified cab; 80 dba noise rating in cab; 68" wheelbase; Unballasted weight - 3,570#.

B3030 HSDC - 30.0 hp Indirect-injected Diesel; 8.1 gal Fuel Tank; 3 Range hydrostatic transmission with treadle pedal control; Spur Gear Final Drive; Open Center Hydraulic System with 9.1 gpm total flow; 1,676# three-point lift capacity @ 24: behind link ends; OSHA certified cab; 85 dba noise rating in cab; 65.6" wheelbase; Unballasted weight - 2,271#.

Obviously I am biased towards the Deere (as I have been selling them for 15 years) but I am in no way knocking the Kubota, as they make a fine product as well. IMHO most of the ladies that I talk with prefer the TwinTouch pedals over the treadle pedal, but you and your better half need to drive both of them and make your own decision... I am more than happy to answer any other questions for you, if you want. Good Luck with your purchase, you really can't go wrong with either unit...

/ 3320 Questions #7  
Like Bleed Green said the 3320 and 3030 aren't really comperable machines. The JD is larger, stoughter and just not related. I recently purchased a 3320 and I looked at NH tc30's-34da, kubotas and masseys. The others all could do all the same jobs as the deere but in operating the different brands there was just no comparison to the deere. Go green you won't be disapointed.

Matt T.:D

/ 3320 Questions #8  
Hi,

My wife test drove both the Kubota B3030HSDC & JD 3320 w/cab after lurking on Tractor By Net(TBN) for a year reading complaints and praise for both units.

We found the B3030HSDC lighter built than the 3320 and the seat less comfortable but the clincher was the noise in the 30303 cab and engine vibration transmitted through the control levers & pedals numbing my wife's feet.

From other's TBN posts we did not get the same "warm fuzzy feelings" about factory support for the Kubota as we did for the JD so finally despite the higher cost we purchased the JD 3320 cab model.

Other than a little practice the 3320 is now just sitting in the garage with a front mounted blower waiting for the first heavy snow so I can't comment on durability.

A New Holland 40hp cab model just became available as we were ordering and we were unable to test one but you may wish to look at that model as well.

Bill
Owls Head, NY
"Ice Box of the North"

/ 3320 Questions
BleedGreen,

If I understand you correctly, then I am not doing apples v. apples regarding model comparison. Based upon that, what is the closest model (in Orange) that compares to the 3320 (both in performance characteristics and price).

Thank you very much for the elaboration in you post, and to the others here as well.

/ 3320 Questions #10  
I have the 3720 Factory Cab Tractor. I have yet to see another tractor company make a cab as nice as the John Deere Cabs. My father in law bought a kubota cab model about a year before I got mine, (because JD at the time didn't have compact cab tractor models available).. needless to say he tells me everytime he see's my tractor that he wished that he had waited. He is very happy with his tractor, but he really loves the JD Cab a lot better than his Kubota Cab. He also likes the look of the JD a lot better, he always said that nothing on the JD Cab looks like an after thought, as the Kubota has a lot to it that does look like after thoughts.

I have to agree with him, not just because I own one, but because I have tried a lot of them, and I come to the conclusion, nobody makes a better Cab than JD on the smaller Compact sized tractors.

I love mine, you will especially love the Air-Ride Cloth seat if you decide to get that too.

As far as treddle pedals vs, Twin Touch Pedals, I'll take the Twin Touch any day over the Treddle pedal.

Oh, and how could Iforget to mention the biggest design flaw in the history of tractors? The independant brakes on a Kubota are virtually useless! Yes they work, but do you have two right legs? Neither does anybody else. And yes, I really do use my turn brakes a lot. Especially while scraping and peeling snow when my fronts are lifted off the ground, I can steer using just my brakes. On a Kubota you can't do this. So yes, the Kubota turn brakes are virtually useless. But the JD'S work great.