Price Check 2520 pricing - make me feel good

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #1  

diggah

Just agreed to $23,000 for 2520 w/200CX FEL, 46BH, and rear tires filled to the top.

How'd we do? (If you're out there Jeff - no comments from you! :D )

BTW - Thanks for all the great reading the past couple of months...

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #2  
diggah said:
Just agreed to $23,000 for 2520 w/200CX FEL, 46BH, and rear tires filled to the top.

How'd we do? (If you're out there Jeff - no comments from you! :D )

BTW - Thanks for all the great reading the past couple of months...

I Sure hope you didn't .Tires should never be more then 75% filled.

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #3  
LBrown59 said:
I Sure hope you didn't .Tires should never be more then 75% filled.

Is it just me, or is it my eyes, or is it LBrown59 just being LBrown59 doing his normal things by coloring the letters white against an almost white background?

murph????

diggah I wouldn't worry too much. You dealer meant to the limits I am sure. IE filling an LP tank it is considered full at 85%

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #4  
thcri said:
Is it just me, or is it my eyes, or is it LBrown59 just being LBrown59 doing his normal things by coloring the letters white against an almost white background?
I just did it to see who would be the first one to notice.
Ya fell for it didn't ya!;)

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #5  
LBrown59 said:
I just did it to see who would be the first one to notice.
Ya fell for it didn't ya!;)

Your reply in it's form was childish and your reply gave advice of no value. It is typical LBrown59 to play with fonts and colors.

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #6  
diggah said:

Diggah, welcome to the forum. I can't help you on pricing as I am not familiar with JD pricing. But what might help you is if you fill out your profile for the area you live in as pricing varies from area to area. If the members know of your area they can better help you.

Again welcome.

murph

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #7  
Using the JD configurator, I came up with a list price of 24245. If loaded tires cost $180 then you would be getting a 10% off list. You might could do better. I did, JC

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #8  
I must apologize for the member that thinks that writing in white letters is funny. He is one of many unemployed comics that lack work due to a lack of common sense or humor. :rolleyes:

The period between Christmas and New Years is one of the deadest time in retail. Go shopping then and make sure to tell the salesman that you are ready and willing to buy if the deal is right. Have a bank check made out to yourself for a couple of grand for a down payment, and just sign it over to the dealer if you like the deal. In fact, you could even wave it under his nose during negotiations and say something to the effect, "if you give me the right number, I will give you this check for a deposit.". That should get his attention.
Dusty

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #9  
My dealer, from whom I have now purchased seven tractors, gives me on average a 15-18% discount. He is a friend of mine, but I have told him I want him to make money, too. I also think you could get a little closer to those numbers. I like the 2520. When I was looking at a replacement for my little 595 garden tractor, I looked at its predecessor, the 4115. I liked it too, but ended up going into a mid frame due to its seemingly better feature per dollar ratio. If you are truly set on a 2520, please be sure to get a good enough deal that you will not one day say, "Boy I could have had a 3320 for this....." Food for thought.

John M

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #10  
Be more concerned about the dealer and if he will work with you. I didn't get the best price on my machine but my dealer treated me very well. He sold me a like new front blade that someone brought in and a used 'I' match at a very good price. The few small problems I had he addressed immediately and he treats me respectfully when I go in and gives me good advice on attachments.

That's what you want. You might get a dealer who you can nickel and dime at every corner but remember he's in business and has to put food on his table too. Don't let him scalp you but let him make his fair share.

That's my two cents