About to order 2520 - hey "WHats this labour Charge"

/ About to order 2520 - hey "WHats this labour Charge" #1  

nails_n_glue

Tractor
JD2520
Hi

I am about to order JD 2520 with 200CX And 46 Backhoe.

The quote says AUD$ 1200.00 (US$ 949) to instal back hoe. When I questioned the dealer he just said if he could make it cheaper he would. The when I started asking questions about like how many hours it would take to instal the item he got all bothered. I said so even if the workshop guys were paid $100 per hour (very good rate). Are you telling me it would take 12 man hours to install. He finally said okay will go you halves.

Can anyone tell me if this all sounds about right or is this a big ripoff? And my other question is - if it takes 12 hours to put the thing on how long will it take for me to take the BH off as I am not getting independant lift with mower deck. The mid mount mower deck uses the three point linkage from what I understand.

Also in quote is "No first service or free services". What is the first service or subsequent services worth and can the owner do them himself?

Is there anyone out there that has bought such a machine in Australia?

Thanks

/ About to order 2520 - hey "WHats this labour Charge" #2  
I didn't pay any "labor" charges for my 46 BH nor did I pay any for the 410 loader when I bought my 4115. :)

/ About to order 2520 - hey "WHats this labour Charge" #3  
Ask him to drop the charges altogether. He already dropped it by half. Ask him for a free first oil and filter change and don't forget the free hat!

/ About to order 2520 - hey "WHats this labour Charge" #4  
I had a Woods BH6000 installed on my 2305 and the dealer didn't charge me any specific 'install charge'. He quoted me a price that included installation. It was pretty much the 'street' price of the backhoe if I could have got it myself.

From an installation point of view, it's installing power to the rear hydraulics and a sub-frame. If the backhoe itself requires assembly he should eat that cost. (I don't think it does as they usually come assembled).

/ About to order 2520 - hey "WHats this labour Charge" #5  
I don't know much about the 2520 but when I was ordering my 4410 it seemed like there was 6-8 hours labor involved with installing the backhoe. Besides assembling and attaching the back hoe you have quite a bit of "plumbing" to do for the power beyond kit.
After the initial install the hoe will go on and off in 5 minutes.

/ About to order 2520 - hey "WHats this labour Charge" #6  
I paid nothing more for the 46bh installation, when I purchased my 2520.

/ About to order 2520 - hey "WHats this labour Charge" #7  
...from a dealer's point of view...

Every dealer is different in regards to pricing attachments. Some charge list price and include installation. Some discount the attachment and charge extra for the install. With a tractor, loader, backhoe etc, etc you may get an "out the door" price including everything, but with nothing line itemed... (itemed, is that an actual word?)

I myself prefer to line item everything on the contract, show the discount on all the goods, and then add any additional charges such as freight, installation of options, etc.

Think of it this way - how would you feel if your purchase price was 20K with installation of the backhoe included as a seperate line item, versus a purchase price of 20K with none of the prices seperated - would it make a difference?

The backhoe itself comes from the factory mostly assembled, but as earlier posters said, installing the Power Beyond kit is very time consuming. My shop charges me between 6 and 8 hours for a Power Beyond and Backhoe installation on a new unit. Once the Power Beyond is running, the hoe still needs to be taken off the pallet, checked over, bucket installed, backhoe installed on tractor, cycle hoe, check hydraulic oil, add hydraulic oil, cycle hoe again, check hydraulic oil again, add if needed, etc...

Just my two cents (or maybe three since I always ramble) but if you were happy with the pricing before (and I do not know if you were) you saw the seperate line for installation of the backhoe, what is the difference???